I need Some At-Home Friendly advice...

Options
I'm a full-time student from 8 am - 2 pm and then I work full time monday through Friday 3 pm to 10 pm, and every other saturday 8 am to 3 pm. So my weekdays are busy, and I don't have much time to exercise. I weigh about 165 and I want to be 145 to 135 by January, is this possible? I'm reaching out to you guys because I need help, I need tips, ideas, and things to help let me know what to eat, how to exercise and what to do to accomplish this with my busy work and school schedule? I need at home workouts I can do every day etc, If you will help please I am desperate.

Replies

• justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i'll suggest Jillian's 30 day shred, tony hortons 10 min trainer because they're short effective training programs which you do every single day (before you go to school for instance) that get real results.

they both come with food plans which you can follow otherwise follow the MFP guidlines you're given when you enter your goals making sure you make the healthiest choices (meaning you'll get more for your calories)
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You should try kettle bells! If you do it right, they can be a cardio workout & strength. I think they are terrific for toning. How tall are you?
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    i'll suggest Jillian's 30 day shred, tony hortons 10 min trainer because they're short effective training programs which you do every single day (before you go to school for instance) that get real results.

they both come with food plans which you can follow otherwise follow the MFP guidlines you're given when you enter your goals making sure you make the healthiest choices (meaning you'll get more for your calories)

I agree witht Jillian's 30 day shred. I think you can get it for very cheap, it only takes like 28 minutes a day or whatever & you tone and lose a lot!
  • RittRitt
    Options
    I'm 5'3, what are kettle bells?
  • RittRitt
    Options
    Hmm, I'll defenitally look into that jillian Micheals thing, thanks you guys (:
  • TabulaRasaLove
    Options
    I've found workout videos to be fantastic if you can't get out of the house.
    Or a good run around your neighborhood.
  • minnow54151
    minnow54151 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love turbo jam & turbo fire for a cardio work out & Chalean extreme or P90X are both great for strength training. I have used all 4 of these workouts so if you would like more info on them you can message me or email me at pattykinsella@hotmail.com. You can do this just take one day at a time & you will get there.

A realistic goal is 1 to 2 lbs per week.

Patty
  • a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I just got JMs 30DS, and I never noticed a food plan???
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    10 minute pilates solution. great video, only ten minutes,beginner.. I've bren doing it 7 months now and I loooove it. Only like $8 at target.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options

I just got JMs 30DS, and I never noticed a food plan???

no? oh mine came with one!?
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    start by concentrating on your eating. plan everything out the night before, log it, and package it up for the next day. that will take an guess work out of what you are going to eat
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Easy exercises to do at home are jumping jacks, skipping, lunges, squats, crunches etc.

you tube has some great 10 mins exercise routines to do at home which doesnt require any equipment and really gets your heart rate up and gets you sweating!!

start off with 10 mins and work your way up - or do it a few times a day. for example first thing in the morning then another session later in the evening.

Good luck!!
  • RittRitt
    Options
    Just ordered that Jillian 30 day thing... first ever "work out video" sooo hopefully it works :D
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    that much weight loss is a tiny bit too fast by that date healthfully....remember we are not about crash dieting and losing overnight! It is about healthy lifestyle and with that comes patience......I know! that is a tough thing right before the holidays

...BUT, with some great cardio and clean eating you can get alot of that extra weight lost!

Really get that diet/food plan in control....learn the best foods to eat....do the research here all about clean eating and I think you will have a great chance. Get focused and get serious...be fierce :)
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Easy exercises to do at home are jumping jacks, skipping, lunges, squats, crunches etc.

you tube has some great 10 mins exercise routines to do at home which doesnt require any equipment and really gets your heart rate up and gets you sweating!!

start off with 10 mins and work your way up - or do it a few times a day. for example first thing in the morning then another session later in the evening.

Good luck!!

i do alot of this kind of stuff, its called calisinthetics and i record mine from the tv which is linked to podfitness.com, ive never checked the website out but its always advertising more workouts on there:)
    kettle bells are single hand held weights, i have 2 x 1kg at home and it helps you work that little bit harder when doing lunges, squats etc:)