hungry already

Options
i just had lunch an hour ago, which was a ham and salad sandwich and now I'm hungry again!

Replies

• oopsiedaezie
    Options
    I've read and been told that we often confuse thirst for hunger. Try drinking some water (8-10 fl oz) and wait about 20-30 minutes and see if you are still just as hungry. Do you drink your 6-8 glasses of water a day?
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've read and been told that we often confuse thirst for hunger. Try drinking some water (8-10 fl oz) and wait about 20-30 minutes and see if you are still just as hungry. Do you drink your 6-8 glasses of water a day?

^^that. If you're still hungry, grab something healthy as a snack.
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Drink some water!!
  • jazzcait
    jazzcait Posts: 35 Member
    Options

i try and have least 1L water a day yes, but haven't drank that much yet today. So I'd say I'm not hungry just thirsty :)
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It's mental. Some days are harder than others.

Drink your water and try to distract yourself. If it's real hunger the feeling will still be there in a hour or two and then you can have a snack.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    try to drink 2 l aday in small glasses
    if you are hungry drink a glass of water then go for a walk , phone a friend (whilst standing) take a break and read a book try to put food out of your mind and then if yoiu are still hungry have a snack

brushing your teeth after meals can help by giving your body a signal food is over and a nice minty taste in your mouth (that doesn't go well with food)

aim to eat every 2-3 hours so blood sugar can't drop
  • kritta23
    Options
    i think because u had bread and thats got carbs apparently carbs take less time to digest therefore leaving u hungry faster try having protein which digests slower or perhaps no bread lol hope i helped