First NSV that I felt was big enough to share!

Options
:heart: This is my first time posting, and I don’t have pics to post yet but I really really wanted to share my ‘so far story’ and NSV from the weekend!

My weight loss journey actually began a little over 10 years ago. I was overweight (or more technically obese) my entire life :blushing: . I was one of those women that classified themselves as “Big and Beautiful” and pretended that I was happy with the weight I was at. I wasn’t interested in being healthier or smaller. In 1999 my boyfriend proposed and I was thrilled to be able to wear my mother’s wedding dress :love: !!! I tried it on and found that I had 3 inches that needed to be lost in order to button the buttons, and still I was not ready to diet… after all, the dress had room to be let out!

A short time later I decided that I was ready to get on a healthier path in life. I started following a weigh watcher’s plan and within a year I lost 64#! The wedding dress had to be taken IN 1 and ½ inches on each side :drinker: !!! I went from 227# to 163 # On the very day that I made it to 163# I found out I was pregnant with my son… The day he was born I weighed in at 210#.

Over the last 9 years I have struggled with a weight of 195-210. I started the 17 day diet the last week in July. Using that and knowledge from WW has given me the oomph that I needed to get on and stay on track. I have lost 16# and two pant sizes bringing me to 184# so far :flowerforyou: . The weight is coming off fairly slow, but it is coming OFF and that is the most important part for me!

Bringing me to the NSV of the weekend!!! So I bought this dress months ago because it was a size 16 and on sale for $1 at the local Label Shopper… got it home and it wouldn’t even go over my head… This weekend it FIT! And not just FIT but LOOKED DARN GOOD!!! How did I KNOW it looked as good as I thought it did??? I got a double then TRIPLE take from my husband and a very loud whistle and “WHOA! You HAVE worked really hard and trust me, it’s paying off BIG time!”

:heart: I read everyone’s success stories daily… they help me so much in my own journey and allow me to see that it really is the little things that make HUGE differences! I still have a ways to go but with the inspiration that I get from all of you and my fabulous support system of friends and family I know that I will make it back to where I was and need to be! Thank you for reading! :heart:

Replies

• lindsayjdodd
    lindsayjdodd Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl!! I LOVE this!! So encouraging when our husbands really start to notice a difference! :)
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    thats so wonderful
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great work! You earned that triple take! :)
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST!!! Congratulations on your progress!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great and especially since you got a deal on the dress AND you look nice in it! I love those kind of victories!
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's incredible. Way to go, girl :-)
  • aecmagn
    aecmagn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yay for you! so glad, I am honestly living vicariously through your post right now
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling that must be! Congratulations on your victory.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo!!! Congrats! That's good stuff. I mean, it's nice to see the numbers on the scale drop, but really...it's all about how the clothes fit.

I had a little NSV of my own today. I put on a pair of jeans that I hadn't worn in about a month, and didn't have to suck anything in to get them on. They went on nice and easy. Yeah, baby... :)

Keep it up, and congrats again! :)
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!!! It feels soo good doesn't it?? Watch out... Do I hear another baby coming??? These things tend to happen when you're at your peak physical performance levels LOL!!!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Ha ha Thank you everyone! As far as more babies... hahahaha NO. I would need to look into getting a new husband before that could happen! :wink: But I'll take more triple takes, more dates, more "WHOA!'s" for sure!
  • ygsandoval
    ygsandoval Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!! Please - post a picture of that dress!

And double, triple congrats. You have earned it.
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and I wish you more TRIPLE TAKES.
  • kassandra81
    Options
    This is wonderful!!! I love your husbands reaction and comment! I'm sure you rock that dress!!! :)
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You ARE going to get there this time!!! Keep it up!!!
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Congratulations :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!