Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

First NSV that I felt was big enough to share!

:heart: This is my first time posting, and I don’t have pics to post yet but I really really wanted to share my ‘so far story’ and NSV from the weekend!

My weight loss journey actually began a little over 10 years ago. I was overweight (or more technically obese) my entire life :blushing: . I was one of those women that classified themselves as “Big and Beautiful” and pretended that I was happy with the weight I was at. I wasn’t interested in being healthier or smaller. In 1999 my boyfriend proposed and I was thrilled to be able to wear my mother’s wedding dress :love: !!! I tried it on and found that I had 3 inches that needed to be lost in order to button the buttons, and still I was not ready to diet… after all, the dress had room to be let out!

A short time later I decided that I was ready to get on a healthier path in life. I started following a weigh watcher’s plan and within a year I lost 64#! The wedding dress had to be taken IN 1 and ½ inches on each side :drinker: !!! I went from 227# to 163 # On the very day that I made it to 163# I found out I was pregnant with my son… The day he was born I weighed in at 210#.

Over the last 9 years I have struggled with a weight of 195-210. I started the 17 day diet the last week in July. Using that and knowledge from WW has given me the oomph that I needed to get on and stay on track. I have lost 16# and two pant sizes bringing me to 184# so far :flowerforyou: . The weight is coming off fairly slow, but it is coming OFF and that is the most important part for me!

Bringing me to the NSV of the weekend!!! So I bought this dress months ago because it was a size 16 and on sale for $1 at the local Label Shopper… got it home and it wouldn’t even go over my head… This weekend it FIT! And not just FIT but LOOKED DARN GOOD!!! How did I KNOW it looked as good as I thought it did??? I got a double then TRIPLE take from my husband and a very loud whistle and “WHOA! You HAVE worked really hard and trust me, it’s paying off BIG time!”

:heart: I read everyone’s success stories daily… they help me so much in my own journey and allow me to see that it really is the little things that make HUGE differences! I still have a ways to go but with the inspiration that I get from all of you and my fabulous support system of friends and family I know that I will make it back to where I was and need to be! Thank you for reading! :heart:

Replies

• lindsayjdodd
    lindsayjdodd Posts: 39 Member
    Congrats girl!! I LOVE this!! So encouraging when our husbands really start to notice a difference! :)
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    thats so wonderful
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Great work! You earned that triple take! :)
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    GREAT POST!!! Congratulations on your progress!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Isn't it great and especially since you got a deal on the dress AND you look nice in it! I love those kind of victories!
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Congratulations! That's incredible. Way to go, girl :-)
  • aecmagn
    aecmagn Posts: 30 Member
    yay for you! so glad, I am honestly living vicariously through your post right now
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    What a great feeling that must be! Congratulations on your victory.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Woo-hoo!!! Congrats! That's good stuff. I mean, it's nice to see the numbers on the scale drop, but really...it's all about how the clothes fit.

I had a little NSV of my own today. I put on a pair of jeans that I hadn't worn in about a month, and didn't have to suck anything in to get them on. They went on nice and easy. Yeah, baby... :)

Keep it up, and congrats again! :)
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Awesome!! Congrats.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Thank you for sharing!!!! It feels soo good doesn't it?? Watch out... Do I hear another baby coming??? These things tend to happen when you're at your peak physical performance levels LOL!!!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Ha ha Thank you everyone! As far as more babies... hahahaha NO. I would need to look into getting a new husband before that could happen! :wink: But I'll take more triple takes, more dates, more "WHOA!'s" for sure!
  • ygsandoval
    ygsandoval Posts: 30 Member
    Great job!!!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!! Please - post a picture of that dress!

And double, triple congrats. You have earned it.
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Fabulous!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Awesome story and I wish you more TRIPLE TAKES.
  • This is wonderful!!! I love your husbands reaction and comment! I'm sure you rock that dress!!! :)
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    You ARE going to get there this time!!! Keep it up!!!
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Awesome NSV! Congratulations :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!