Cookies in the breakroom!

Options
Please give me words of wisdom to help me avoid the LARGE quantity of LARGE cookies in the office breakroom!

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    They look better than they taste

Guilt tastes like dirt

Look up the calorie count and then decide if they're worth it
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just thinik how proud you will be if you dont eat them. Just know that you really dont need them. What are they doing for you??? You can do it.
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Trade jobs with me, we never have cookies in the breakroom, and I love cookies! haha
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    eat 1/2 of one
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    The cookies are poisoned!! Stay away from the cookies!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    large cookies = large gut - how about eating something healthy instead - if you're not hungry, you'll be less apt to eat the cookies.
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    eat 1/2 of one

Absolutely spot on! If you deprive yourself all the time it's much worse. Have 1/2 or 1/4 of a cookie and go for a walk at lunch to burn off a few calories.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    One cookie = 30 minutes on the treadmill. Still hungry?
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just avoid going into the break room until they are all gone!
    That's what happened to me last week, with Cinnabuns.
    If you don't see them/smell them, its easier!

OR Eat one BUT you HAVE to work out an extra 10 minutes for each one you eat!
  • vgh16
    vgh16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm being a bad accountability partner this morning. I forgot all about the cookies in the breakroom. Mondays are always so hectic but that is not an excuse. Last week you encouraged me to exercise and it really paid off. I will make sure I check in on you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Please give me words of wisdom to help me avoid the LARGE quantity of LARGE cookies in the office breakroom!

find out how many calories they are... that often puts me off!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    The guy with the cold in your office probably breathed on them... or sneezed near them and you do not want his cold.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,633 Member
    Options
    People have already touched them after going to the bathroom................................and NOT washing their hands.
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    Bring your own sweet snack sub. I throw a pack of 100 cal cookies (or something similar) in my snack bag just in case. If I don't eat it, its there for another day.
  • purrsnicketyh
    Options
    Sabotage!!
    Eat half or a quarter of one (if they're REALLY big and evil) and follow it up with a piece of fruit or small bottle of sparkly water. you'll get that little taste of heaven and fill up on a little more sweet healthy stuff so you're not tempted to go back for more!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Have a cookie, track the calories, and move on with your life. =)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Just imagine your grossest coworker standing over the cookie tray and sneezing, Chances are its happened at some point. Works for me.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh nooooo! How dare they!?

Just try to commit to not eating them, don't even give that idea the decency of crossing your strong mind! I've had temptations like that before and after you resist for a week or two you stop really noticing that they're there. I wouldn't be able to just eat 1/2 of one or one every now and then, I just tell myself NO! Having said that, everyone's different.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Three words for you: nom nom nom
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    One cookie = 30 minutes on the treadmill. Still hungry?

^^^ THIS!!! Remember for every cookie its 30 min or more of a work out to get it off!!!