Any groups for 50+ aged women???

Options
Well, I'm almost into the 60's but instead of slogging through all the topics, I thought I would ask instead - Just a chat place to share our special issues with weight loss like hormones, lack thereof and exercise challenges. Thanks!

Replies

• aecmagn
    aecmagn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, I'll be in your group....have all of the aforementioned issues,
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i'm 50 and a woman i'm in! :smile:
  • SusiB60
    SusiB60 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm up for that if anybody is going to start a group :0)
    Not sure how you go about starting a group though :s
  • Potplant77
    Potplant77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in fighting all of the above plus weigh gaining medication put on 2 stone in just over 8 weeks.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    And me....I'm 51....in the UK but I'm sure we all still have the same 'issues'.
  • kathy0317
    Options
    I'm 5 months (today) from being there, so would like to be included.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 2 weeks ago....can I get in?? :)
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nita, 53 and have all those issues. There is one topic thread you ladies might want to check out. It was started by debs6. The title is " near or post menopausal group". If you want to join, I'm sure you'll all be welcome. And if anyone here wants to start another group, I'm in!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am in that age group too!
  • gottagethealthy
    gottagethealthy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Im in.
  • SusiB60
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nita, 53 and have all those issues. There is one topic thread you ladies might want to check out. It was started by debs6. The title is " near or post menopausal group". If you want to join, I'm sure you'll all be welcome. And if anyone here wants to start another group, I'm in!

Thanks Nita,
    I've joined that group too :D
  • SusiB60
    Options
    I just turned 60 2 weeks ago....can I get in?? :)

I'd never have guessed it ...your looking good on it!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options

Thanks Nita,
    I've joined that group too :D

You're more than welcome! Some of the ladies on that thread are younger and have went through menopause early or have had hysterectomies.
  • mt50plus
    Options
    Wow, great response - thanks to all. I guess we could call the group "Fabulous Females in Their 50s (and beyond)" or something like that. I have no idea how to officially start a group - I notice that some are closed groups. So, that being said, any thoughts from ya'll??
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Do you know about this group? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/356978-women-ages-50-for-october
    It's full of wonderful, chatty, happy, active and inspiring women. I must admit to being a bit overwhelmed at times, it's so busy but
    it's worth taking a look... I wouldn't mind joining if you're thinking of starting another group? Just add me, if you don't mind
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Options
    bump! Want to keep this in my topics.