Today is day 1 for me

Options
Hello everyone, Today im starting to count calories. I am amazed already and im only 10 mins in, lol....I just cant believe that 1 small banana was 90 calories. This is going to be tough i can see. Thank God i only have about 25lbs to lose. Wish me luck...Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! LOL. no really i'm scared and HUNGRY!

Replies

• findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do it !!
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Welcome to the family. We've got your back :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome. You can do it.:flowerforyou:
  • PeanutButterKiller
    Options
    good luck broski, its a long hard road but you can do it!
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    you can do this we are here to support you. mfp is the best place to be good luck. i am here to support you if you need it
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and WATER WATER WATER that can also help decrease hunger and cravings!
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Make every day "Day One" and you will do great!
  • lhinds85
    lhinds85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. It will get easier as the days go by.
  • RoseG1
    RoseG1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I was hungry the first week. Drink plenty of water & add protein -- protein keeps you full longer. You can do this !
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck with your journey, feel free to add me :)
  • Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It will take some time, but you'll definitely adjust. Just remember that your body will only be expecting that much food for a short time. After that, it stops expecting it and gets much easier.
  • Terriberry
    Options
    Welcome! Take it one meal at a time at first. and try high protein and high fiber foods. you will stay full longer
  • joshandstacy
    joshandstacy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and if you are having trouble with the lower calorie intake try increasing the amount of exercise. Also, if you eat 5 or 6 smaller meals it is better than just decreased calories. Obviously you should still watch the calories but the meals a few hours apart helps keep your metabolism going. The water suggestion is really good too. Breakfast is a good meal to eat more at because you have all day to burn it off. I like doing a bigger breakfast because I find I don't get as hungry for a while with breakfast foods. These are just some things I've learned along the way.
  • fatfreechic
    Options
    I understand. I have started over about 8 times this year on my lifestyle change. I am still trying. However, Eating right and exercising can and must be done for a healthier you! Counting calories just help you alone the way so you can see what you are putting in your body and so that you won't over eat. Try eating 5 small meals a day. Take your estimated daily calorie intake and divide it by 5. For example, If I am only trying to intake 1500 calories a day, then I would divided that by 5, which would put me at eating 300 calories per meal x 5 meals = 1500 calories per day. And drink plenty of water. This is what am doing now and I don't be hungry. Well Good Luck.
  • mayatiger
    Options
    You can do it!! Just take it one day at a time and don't stress out about it! We're here to help! Feel free to 'friend' me!!!
  • humanskin
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck to you!!

When you start counting calories you suddenly realize how much more you're eating then you thought. In my experience, it's best to start off measuring your food with cups and, if you have it, a food scale. That way you get an idea of how much your portions really are. When I started I thought I was super good an eating a 110 cal bowl of cereal in the morning... when i measured it, it turned out I was eating a 330 cal bowl of cereal... =O

Oh yeah, and listen to the nice folk and drink lots of water. It'll keep you hydrated and full. (I personally log no-sugar herbal tea as water too sometimes, because plain water can get boring). Watch out for soda, juices, and fruits... sweet foods have lots of calories (diet foods with 0 calories are filled with chemicals) and salty foods will make you retain water and gain "water weight."