Couch to 5K GRADUATE!

Options
I just have to write it somewhere that will CARE ;0) I'm so excited that i finished and I was NOT a runner before I started it. HATED running in fact. Now I look forward to the next run, I'm challenging myself to beat my previous time and/or distances and I'm hunting new routes that will challenge me/keep me excited!

thanks for reading....if i can do it...so can you!

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Congrats!
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first 5k on Oct. 29! I am really looking forward to it!
  • jessimica_b2
    jessimica_b2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    right on! I remember my first race, it was invigorating!!! congratulations
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    ****PROCEED WITH CAUTION****

5K's turn into 10K's ... 10K's turn into half marathons ... half marathons turn into full marathons. You've been warned. You may run into an addiction problem!

:laugh: Congrats!!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! I am starting Week 9 tomorrow!!!! I have my first 5K on Oct 30th Life changing isn't it?
  • no_where1976
    no_where1976 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm going to restart my c25k this week. I've been saying it for a couple weeks now but I want to post it too :) thanks for posting you inspired me!
  • evil_rider
    Options
    I just have to write it somewhere that will CARE ;0) I'm so excited that i finished and I was NOT a runner before I started it. HATED running in fact. Now I look forward to the next run, I'm challenging myself to beat my previous time and/or distances and I'm hunting new routes that will challenge me/keep me excited!

thanks for reading....if i can do it...so can you!

Really good job :-)
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am SO happy for you! I just started and I'm looking forward to that day... :drinker: ( I don't drink alcohol so that's water in those mugs.)
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Very Proud Of You!! Congratulations!! Awesome Heatlhy Journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm on Week 7 Day 3 and I know I will be so proud when I've completed it, so you should definitely feel good about yourself for getting all the way through! :)
  • sbantz
    sbantz Posts: 1
    Options
    My friend and I just started this program today!! I can't wait. Thanks for posting!!
  • uniformluvr
    uniformluvr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing people talk about this couch to 5k. What is it? How can find the program? Congrats & keep up the great work!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I just graduated myself yesterday, congratulations!
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Great Job!. Istarted week 9 today, the satisfaction is amazing. Keep going, and going and going.

C25K = couch to 5k
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing people talk about this couch to 5k. What is it? How can find the program? Congrats & keep up the great work!!

You can find the program on line. Just google it. It can also be downloaded to your iPod.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! I am training to run 5 miles in the White Rock 5-man relay.... still in the walk/run phase of the plan but I'm close!

Great work!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Me too - I ran my first 5K race yesterday!
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    It's an app on most smart phones, and you can get it for ipods as well.
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Well done! I have two more runs to do and I'll be joining you!
  • stewartjl
    Options
    Congratulations! I just started the Couch to 5K and, like you, was never interested in running until now. It's encouraging to know that you started it, finished it and are enjoying it. Great job!