Thanksgiving!?! What is you plan?

Options
So Thanksgiving is coming up! How fun! I love the holidays! The Fun, Family, Oh yea! And dont forget the FOOOOOOD!!!

So what i want to know is:

Do you plan on dieting this Thanksgiving?
Do you have some low calorie recipies your making?
Do you just plan on using this day as a cheat day?

Tell me your plans! I am not exactly sure what ill be doing for this day. Plus Christmas will be coming up right after!

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I intend to have normal day, wonder why it's such a big deal in America, scoff slightly, then feel resentful that we don't get a public holiday for it over here :(
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself on a "diet" I'm just more aware of portions, etc....so for me Thanksgiving will be all about the food as it always has been! I'm cooking everything from old family recipes and am going to have a house full of people! I intend on having a little bit of everything!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    My plan is to control portions, but enjoy the food too. I know I will go over but I rearely do that and I know when I am full, I won't over do it, I hate the too full feeling!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    im still gonna be good on that day...just all about portion control and gonna limit myself to one plate and not go back for seconds (unless its salad) and before they serve dinner and its appertizers im gonna talk to family rather than munch away
  • amontroy1
    Options
    I LOOOOVE Thanksgiving I love the snacking the cooking the DESSERTS!!! This year, I will be staying home alone with my son. My family is getting together in NY and I will be staying in WA. One, it costs a lot and interferes with my school schedule but also if I go home I will over eat and feel like I set myself back.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is my favorite meal of the year, so I am just going to make it a normal day and exercise a lot the next few days.
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    We just had Thankgiving in Canada... and I must say I did pretty good.
    I had an extra cardio session the morning of, used a smaller plate at dinner- filled my plate but did not HEAP it.. and enjoyed my food- did not wolf it down. Also, I made sure most of my plate was veggies/meat ( skipped the cheeses & pickles bread & butter) oh a lots of water!
  • FitnessElle
    Options
    I plan on busting *kitten* at the gym in the morning and then eating anything and everything I want for dinner. :)
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My plan? Run, cook, football, eat to my heart's content. It'll be a good day.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    My plan is to enjoy Thanksgiving and not stress about what I'm eating. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to try to control portion and make smart choices, just that I'm not going to track, not going to put anything on the "forbidden" list and not going to beat myself up if I have a slice of pie :) Otherwise, it will ruin the day for me and I'll end up feeling crabby and resentful. I'm hoping to be having the holiday at my house and making the majority of the food and I don't plan to do anything low fat because I know my tried and true recipes will make for a fantastic feast and I don't want to mess that up with new recipes... Hope you all have a wonderful turkey day!
  • xlovemehalwaiyzx
    Options
    I plan on eating everything like normal. but i plan on not over eating it like all the other thanksgivings! hope you have a great one!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I plan on using Moderation and enjoying Thanksgiving dinner... although I will be having sweet potato instead of mashed potato (my family does both) and be controlling my biscuit eating... I love biscuits.

And since hubby and I are hosting dinner this year.. we will have some healthier options as well.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself on a "diet" I'm just more aware of portions, etc....so for me Thanksgiving will be all about the food as it always has been! I'm cooking everything from old family recipes and am going to have a house full of people! I intend on having a little bit of everything!

well said
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm using T-day as a total cheat day!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Enjoying family, food and friends - ALL in moderation. :-)
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    we'll be going to my parent's house or my brother's for Thanksgiving I assume. I will probably not be able to keep track of calories that day given that people don't really stick to recipes.... so I will just eat as smartly as possible and stay away from rolls, and try to heap on the veggies and drink lots of water. :)

I'm very open with my family about my weight loss and my healthy outlook so they will of course be supportive. The good news is that I'm not much of a sweets person unless my Dad makes banana cream pie... which he isn't likely to make since it's the only pie I ever eat at holiday time ha ha... so I won't have to worry about pumpkin or cherry. :)

It's just another day really... just need to be smart, and enjoy the company of my family. :)
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I cook every year.. but realize I can do the same recipes just substitute a few a ingredients to make it less fattening.. but portion control.. is the key for me.. If I tell myself I cant have anything well then I eat it all...lol
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    Last year, I filled up a good part of my plate with salad & then just had smaller portions of what else I wanted. I didn't gain anything after it and I still had what I wanted. You can eat what you want; it's all about the portions.
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    I will be making some healthy dishes in addition to the traditional dishes. The plan is to eat more of the healthy choices and less of the other!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My plan is to control portions, but enjoy the food too. I know I will go over but I rearely do that and I know when I am full, I won't over do it, I hate the too full feeling!
    ^This^ I totally agree,im planning to enjoy but try a lil bit of everything,it does scare me because this time last yr,i gave up on eating right and gained alot,so hoping this yr will be different,counting on MFP to be there for me :D