Today I am making a promise to myself....

I just recently turned 23 years old and girls my age are suppose to be out having fun. Most of them are out wearing bikinis in the summer, Out flirting and dating boys, buying lots of clothes and shoes, just plain having the time of their lifes. I want to be to look back someday and think " WOW, my 20's where the best time of my life." So today I am making the following promises to myself and if anything else feels adding anything else to the list, please do :)

In one year from now by my 24th birthday I will have accomplished the following:

1) I will be atleast in a size 12. (i'm almost 6ft so I figure this is a good ideal goal)

2) I will not be afraid to be seated in a booth at a restraunt because I KNOW I WILL FIT.

3) I will not let other people's rude comments get me down.

4) When I go out with my friends, I will learn to have fun and not be thinking about how people are judging my weight.

5) I will find a guy whether he be a friend or more who will NOT put me down

6) And the most important one, I WILL LEARN TO LOVE MYSELF.

A mini goal of mine would be atleast be down 25 lbs by christmas eve. :)
I'll defintely reward myself if I hit my mini goal.. I'm thinking new ugg boots ;)

Replies

• Goodluck!!! Just keep positive thoughts! :)
  • daram05
    daram05 Posts: 80
    Good for you LADY!!! You have made the initial step to a better and healthy you, so the rest is just a piece of cake. Your 20s are suppose to be the time of your life and you still have soooo many years within them, to make the best years yet. I recently graduated into my 30s and vowed to make a change in my health, for I want my 30s to be WAY better than my 20s.

You can do it....I believe in YOU!!!

:heart: Dara
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    You can do this girl!!! Take it one day at a time!
  • Good luck!

But don't make such a long-time goals to yourself! Promise first on what you will accomplish in 1-2 months and go slowly step-by-step!
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Fantastic! You will do this! We can celebrate together when we both can fit comfortably in booths. :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    I LOVE #6 and yes that is the most important one F everyone and everything else! You can do this girl!!