Starting Over <3

Options
I have been a heavy kid ever since i was in 2nd/3rd grade. My senior year of high school (2 yrs ago), I was diagnosed with under active thyroid disease. I am tired of being the fatt kid.

2 weeks ago i came back to mfp bc i had reached my all time highest--270 lbs!!! I am currently a size 22 jean and XL/XXL shirt =(

HOWEVER, in the last 2 weeks i have lost almost 8 lbs!! I am very happy with my results so far and am DETERMINED to make this stick this time!!

Hope that with this new determination and the help of some amazing new friends that I (and they) can do everything they dream of and maybe more <3

Replies

• lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I've stzrted over many many times. The key is perserverence! Welcome back!
  • earazed
    Options
    I'm starting over, too. :) Starting Insanity today...for the 5th time? LOL. My sister and I are the same height/weight with the same goal, so we are turning it into a challenge. See who can reach our goal quickest. Should be fun. Good luck!
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    you can do it :D and congrats on the weight loss!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYY!
  • mjgregg12
    Options
    You sound just like me...my highest weight was 270 and a size 22 pant. I know exactly how you feel...but the good news is, this site works!

I am down to a 12! You can do it! Just keep logging in every day and feel free to add me.
    :)
    Best of luck!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it and you will do amazing!!!
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your recent success :) That is awesome news & glad you came back! Feel free to add me if you'd like!

Take care & best wishes,
    Ally
  • jah91172
    Options
    Congrats to get back on board! I have Hashimotos which is very similar to the thyroid problem you have! NOT FUN! Been diagnosed for about 8mos and still haven't found the right dose/meds. BUT... I have been able to loose in spite of it! It's not easy, but you can do it with HARD work and dedication! Keep up the outstanding work!
  • Partyofpugs
    Options
    Good for you for starting again. I started this time at 237 and a size 22/24. My highest weight ever. So I'm on a journey to lose 100 pounds and keep it off. Be determined to do this while you are young. Lot's of health problems set in otherwise. I've lost 60 lbs 3 times in my adult life. I honestly think it get's harder each time. Set realistic goals, acknowledge and learn from setbacks and keep moving forward. Feel free to friend me. You can do this and know you are not alone. Check in every day whether it's good or bad. That's how we learn .
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You are doing great so far! You can do this. Remember it's persistence over perfection!