30DS Question - I'm starting it tonight! (yikes!)

Options
So I know there is going to be some jumping/noise making happening that will drive my under-neighbours nuts. But since it's a 3-2-1 thing, it's only possible for it to be a total of 3 minutes max at a time right? So a minute or two of noise, then onto the next, and that will cycle through, so the actually cardio bit could only really add up to all of 9 minutes or so out of the 20 right?

And I'm planning on going to the gym before I go home and do it - I'll be on the elliptical probably at least a half hour - is that a fair trade off if it turns out that the jumpy bits are just too loud for my apartment or will I end up not getting the amazing results everyone else gets?

Sorry I'm such a pain with all the noise questions, I'm just really excited to try to get the results I've seen on MFP but I don't want to get in trouble in the process!

Replies

• hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The only part that you will be jumping is the cardio part, which is 2mins per circuit. Edit: that's only level 1..I didn't make to to level 2 so I am unsure now lol
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    if your not doing the cardio at the same time she is on the video then your HR wont be up while your doing the strength and abs part so you wont be burning as many calories in a short amount of time (which is the point of the video). You could try doing the boxing punches for the cardio part (she shows it in the video) to keep your HR up.
  • Loribell23
    Options
    There is probably a total of 6 minutes of jumping in the entire 25 minute workout. No big deal! :-)
  • perezy
    perezy Posts: 5
    Options
    it really shouldn't make much noise at all. mayeb 5 min. tops. if you are worried about it still you could take a yoga mat ouside and do it on your laptop in the parking lot :)
  • amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the jumbing jacks hurt my knees, so i do a fast marching in place or the Billy Blanks Butterfly move. So I would just do another cardio move will Jillian is doing the butt kicks, jumprope or jumping jacks.
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    When you jump just land softly, that's better for your joints anyway. It shouldn't be too noisy if your under neighbors have a tv on or something. There's jumping jacks, butt kicks, mountain climbers, high knees, etc. The loudest things will be the cardio in level 3 circuit 3 in my opinion. I think it's jump squats and rock stars.
  • MrsKipp
    Options
    I have done all the levels, the jumping is not too bad. I agree that when you land you should land softly, for a couple of reasons, 1. it's better for your joints, 2. when I used to land hard I always got a headache, 3. you won't make so much noise.
    Honestly it's not a very loud cardio video. If your neighbors complain invite them in haha thats what I did and we have lost about 10lb together. Another thing I did is tried to figure out when they where not home i would work out then.
  • lhinds85
    lhinds85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I too live in an apartment and on the third floor. I do the workout in the morning or late at night and havne't had any complaints yet. I have only done round 1.
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    Okay, that's all very reassuring. I kept having visions of 20 straight minutes of jumping lunges and jumping jacks. I usually try to land softly when I wii, and I use a yoga mat, and they have never complained (yet). The guy plays guitar until 11:30 at night so I guess if he says anything I can barter with him. Otherwise, they're basically silent so I have NO idea when they are home and when they aren't. But a bit of noise for 20 minutes can't be THAT bad. (Besides, we have 6 friends over on Saturday night and they all own houses and walk heavy.. and were drunk...and when we all got in at 3 am, the cops never showed up soooo...)