Does your signifigant other notice changes?

Options

Replies

• Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Mine notices because he's gone over long periods of time (Think six months at a time) and when he comes home he always picks me up and twirls me around :)
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I put a long sleeve shirt on the other day since it was chilly and my husband told my son, "that shirt looked like spandex on mama last year." I told him, "that deserves a punch!" Lol. My husband is really supportive, but doesn't usually say too much and that's probably why. He means well, but it doesn't sound like a compliment all the time.
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My husband always says things about my changing shape!!! How proud of me he is!!!
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I impressed my boyfriend by doing planks longer than him :)! Definitely noticed then!!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My hubby knows I'm losing weight because I tell him when I hit 5 or 10 lb marks, but as far as him saying something about it on his own --- NOPE! Not a word. He says it's because it's a touchy subject and somehow I always find a way to twist his words and make him sound like a bad guy... not true, but whatever. I know I look better so that's really all I care about. He's never been a guy that throws out compliments to me, so I never really expected him to be overflowing with positiveness anyway. I wish he said more and helped boost my confidence a little bit, but oh well... what can I do.
  • DIYmomma
    DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    my hubby doesnt say anything either. sometimes its rather discouraging, i think sometimes we need to hear "wow, you look like youve lost weigh" from someone thats important to us, it helps keep me motivated.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    He sees me every. single. day. so it's tougher for him to notice changes in my body right away.

This works out when I gain weight, too, I never get any "Ummmm.... have you gained weight?" type comments. Though I'm sure he's smarter than that! :laugh:
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has lost weight or toned up and had much said to them from your partner? My husband doesn't say much unless I say something, wondering if it just doesn't matter or if I have been married too long lol!

He's noticed that my boobs have gone!!!

LOL!!! That is a man for ya!!!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I think it's harder for those who see us every day to notice. I figure it's kind of like a "live by the sword, die by the sword" type of thing.... For example:

My husband NEVER said a word to me about how much weight I was gaining, so it would be a little hypocritical of me to be upset for him not saying much about my welght loss.

Eventually they will notice... in the meantime, that's what we are here for! Stay strong!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Mine mentioned my backside this weekend and told me my butt was getting smaller. I pointed out the Progresso Soup commercial the next time it came on. "You checkin' out my butt?" :love:
  • jagspal
    jagspal Posts: 75
    Options
    Really glad I am not the only one! I guess it only matters what we think of ourselves!! But it would sure be nice if all the hard work I put in would be noticed a little more....
  • jagspal
    jagspal Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks, love your attitude!
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I usually have to bring it up.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    nope. Hasn't said a word. Nice huh?
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has lost weight or toned up and had much said to them from your partner? My husband doesn't say much unless I say something, wondering if it just doesn't matter or if I have been married too long lol!

No, my bf doesn't see changes either unless I show him my progress pictures. I'm assuming it's because we spend literally every moment of the day together though :)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    My ex never noticed....Well he noticed when I gained weight lol....One time I jumped on his back and he collapsed to the ground....Yea he noticed I was getting heavier..... lol

But lesson learned: I never want anyone to notice something if they dont want to, or is even paying attention to it. I want to be healthy for me, and if my future guy notices changes then cool! If he doesn't, then cool too!...Hopefully, I am at my goal weight by the time I meet Mr. Right
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My guy tells me every day that he notices a difference! :happy:

He wasn't too happy though when I started to get ab-y...said I wasn't as soft to cuddle anymore. HA!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    What an AWESOME hubby!!
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My hubby notices & says I'm looking great and really slimming down. I'm losing baby weight, so he was used to me being smaller before I got pregnant. He came from a family that yo-yo's anyway, so I think he's used to being supportive. :flowerforyou:
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    My husand notices the changes especially now that I have no problem walking around the house nude (when the kids aren't home of course) or in our master bedroom. My transformation has motivated him to go to the gym with me and work on his guns. :happy: