Weight Lifting Irony

Options
Time waits for no person. Part of the reason I lift weights is to keep the aging process at bay for as long as possible. Which is why I find it ironic that several hours after lifting I appear to have more trouble getting out of my desk chair than co-workers that are many years (25+) my senior.

Replies

• whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    HAHA!
  • Timdog57
    Timdog57 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You should have titled this post: "Pumping Iron Irony"!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Good on you man. I remember tough practices in college, there were times the day after I couldn't get out of bed or lift my arms past about 45 degrees! Best feeling in the world man, knowing you truly pushed your body to that limit.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I do strenght training to be strong and healthy....then can barely walk and have trouble holding my pen LOL
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Lol! Wish I had a 'like' button!
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    After a particular session last week, the next day, it hurt to swing my arms while I was walking!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I do strenght training to be strong and healthy....then can barely walk and have trouble holding my pen LOL

Ever had to sit in your car for a few minutes because you were afraid to drive?
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I used to work out in a group with a trainer and two days after a particularly brutal session, one of the girls said she fell down the stairs but it actually hurt less than trying to walk the stairs!
  • Timdog57
    Timdog57 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yup! I drive a stick and have had to pull over because my legs were cramping so bad after workouts a couple of times. I couldn't push the clutch in...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I used to work out in a group with a trainer and two days after a particularly brutal session, one of the girls said she fell down the stairs but it actually hurt less than trying to walk the stairs!

LOL
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You should have titled this post: "Pumping Iron Irony"!

or simply "Pumping Irony"