Costume Changers Forum (Week 5)

Options
5th week of the challenge! :-o Can you believe it?! What went well this week? What was challenging, and how can you overcome that challenge next time? I feel like life has been busier than usual and I just haven't been taking enough time for myself. I know I have the time to devote to exercising, but I definitely haven't been taking advantage of that. I'm really going to work on that this week and specifically block out times during the evening to get some walking in. :smile: Have a wonderful week!

Replies

• GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My birthday was this weekend, and I still weighed in less! I only ate a very small piece of cake and I didn't drink much alcohol.

Also, I am below my Halloween Goal Weight of 171 already. I weighed in this morning at 170.8...before going to the bathroom at work...

I am still going to track my progress with this challenge though. Thanks so much for setting it up! It really gave me something to shoot for!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Miles are great, weight is up. I'm up 2 pounds but I'm recording it and moving on. I took a 3 day break from working out and everything fell to pieces, food-wise. Oh well, back to the grind of losing. I ran yesterday and have a training session today.

Happy Week 5 fellow Costume Changers! The end is near.
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I can't believe its already been 5 weeks! I was really hoping to be further along by now, but at least I can say that I'm much fitter than I was at the start of this so that's something! Definitely not going to hit my goal weight, but if I can lose another couple of pounds, I'll be a happy camper.

Hope everyone has a good week!
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I finally saw a respectable amount of movement on the scale ... in the right direction too! .. Lost 4 pounds from my starting weight on Sept 19th. I am now about 13 pounds away from my end-of-the-year goal .. which is to be in Onederland!! I havent been in onederland since I was 14 ... a decade!! Thats insane! .

Also, I had been doing more walking than I was before (I was all about the elliptical) .. and I was only doing a few miles per day, but when I went to go add the miles up that I logged, it turned out to be close to 20 miles ... I didnt think I was doing that much, because I wasnt doing 4-6 miles in a day, but it really did add up!!

I'm looking forward to putting aside a little extra time this week soley to logging miles .. I'm aiming for 20 miles again this week. And I want to start building my endurance for running =)

Hope everyone else is having a great day & week!!

*EVERYDAY ... MAKE PROGRESS" <3
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    This past week was great for me, went to my first spinning class and loved it (also helped with getting the mileage in for the week). Not a huge drop on the scale today but it was still something. I've already dropped 1.5 inches off my waist since starting the challenge so I'm trying to not worry about the minimal amount on the scale.

Thank you for setting this up Elana, without it I don't know if I would have pushed so hard each day to walk or go to the gym.
    Good luck this week everyone!
  • sock_17
    sock_17 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Not a great week for me. I did better during the week and through out the weekend but I'm not feeling too well today so I'm going to wait until tomorrow to weigh in. AF is due in the next few days so I'm hoping that's part of the reason the scale wasn't agreeing with me this morning. I can't believe that we are almost done with the challenge already. I didn't put in enough work. I'm guessing that we are going to to a Christmas challenge too right? I need another chance to prove to myself that I can do this!
    ~ Jamie
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I only lost another .2 pounds again. There is nothing more frustrating but I guess every little bit counts right? I plan on kicking it up a notch this week....
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm having a lot of trouble with my exercising (shin splints!) but hopefully i can eat well enough to make up for it
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I hit my Challenge Goal weight this week! Woohoo!
    I am hoping to be in the 160s by the end of the challenge now.

Miles are coming along great!

So glad to have this Challenge!
  • DawnLosing
    Options
    Went to Tunica gambling and drinking/eating out this week and AF is due this week. I am up 1.4 pounds and I am not sure the drinking and eating out is worth it. However I am here for the long haul so back to the gym and healthy eating I go. It also inspires me to see others on here doing so and and consoles me knowing I am not the only one that struggles. Thank you for putting together this challenge Elana, I may not meet my goal but I am closer then when I started.
  • jepo27
    jepo27 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Did good again this week, lost another 2lbs :smile: I had a bit of a treat at the weekend and had a trip to York. Had a few bad things food wise but it is the first time I haven't strictly stuck to my calorie intake, on the plus side I made up a chunk of miles, went walking round York in glorious autumn sunshine for nearly 4 non stop hours, loved it:happy: . According to pedometer walked 10 miles in all and burned over 700 calories! It was the first bit of exercise for over a week as I have been made up with cold. Going to ease myself back into things tonight with a bit of dancing.

Just 2lbs off my weight and 35 miles off my Costume Changers goals now:happy:

We are all doing so well, if not in weight loss then in fitness, well done guys! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    You can do it! I only lost half a pound this week, I couldn't control my eating but I hope this next week to do much better
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    I stepped it up on the exercise last week and as of Sat had only lost .4 lbs. Then got the stomach flu over the weekend and dropped 3 lbs this morning. I'm afraid to record it because I was so dehydrated yesterday.
    So should I record Saturday's weight?
    Sat- 210.6
    Today 207.6
  • sarabhorton
    sarabhorton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The time is just flying, isn't it?
    I have one more pound to go, so I should be able to make goal this week.
    I'm plugging along on the miles. I've done more walking/ less bike riding this week, so I didn't get quite as many miles in, but I'm still pretty happy with the progress.
    I love seeing everyone else's progress on the spreadsheet! Way to go, Costume Changers!
  • sarabhorton
    sarabhorton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that we are going to to a Christmas challenge too right? I need another chance to prove to myself that I can do this!
    ~ Jamie

I totally agree! Knowing that I'm going to have to log in is keeping me honest! I so hope we are doing a Christmas challenge after this one :)
  • RocksFlower
    RocksFlower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I need a Christmas challenge too I think. I am struggling and have not been doing well the last two weeks. I orginially lost 6 pounds and over the last 2 weeks I have gained 3 back. It is time to get cracken and I'm going to try to power through the last two weeks.
    I noticed this last week I kept telling myself "It's ok if you don't eat so well today, you will just work extra hard at the gym tomorrow" then something pops up and I can't make it to the gym and that pattern continues. The scale has proved to me that, that type of thinking only gets me disappointed and feeling like crap. Time to put my big girl pants on and work extra hard!!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Lost another pound last week but felt like I had an off week. Did not get in as miles as I would have liked due to working some long days and then weather has been changing and I am not a fan of riding outside in the cold--I'm a chicken(which is funny as I walk to work every day no matter the weather)! Hopefully I can get motivated to start riding indoors to get the miles going again.

I would definitely be game for this challenge continuing as it has been the motivation I needed to get the ship righted!

Keep up the good work!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ONEDERLAND!!!! I hit it today! WOOHOO!!! I am doing my first official 5K tomorrow night! What an exciting week!
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that we are going to to a Christmas challenge too right? I need another chance to prove to myself that I can do this!
    ~ Jamie

I totally agree! Knowing that I'm going to have to log in is keeping me honest! I so hope we are doing a Christmas challenge after this one :)

I would also love to do a Christmas Challenge!! I'm afraid that if I go back to doing this on my own I won't keep up with it like I have been doing for the challenge!!!
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    :( bump