T.H.E. Team (trying hard everyday) October '11

Options

Replies

• Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Vikki you really could so zumba. We have 2 women in there 50's who come to our class, if they can so it then so could you. And no-one has worse co-ordination than me lol.

Well i guess i've lost a cinderblock whatever one of them is.

I have finally dropped a jeans size. I was beginning to think it would never happen so i'm not caring what the scales say tomorrow.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Vikki you really could so zumba. We have 2 women in there 50's who come to our class, if they can so it then so could you. And no-one has worse co-ordination than me lol.

Well i guess i've lost a cinderblock whatever one of them is.

I have finally dropped a jeans size. I was beginning to think it would never happen so i'm not caring what the scales say tomorrow.

Way to go on dropping a jean size :)
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I have a cinder block to loose :) One of my residents today said it looked like I was losing weight... Interesting. Considering my weight hasn't changed and my clothes are still tight. But, my doctor does want me to come in and see if there is anything else going on because of my massive weight gain since starting back on birth control. Looking back at my weight entries that is exactly when it started. I'm hoping that we can find one that won't make me gain any more weight. I started to feel like a failure. But then some one pointed it out to me and that really got me thinking. It runs in my family. My sister gained almost 50 pounds when she went on birth control and that's even with her being active. It sucks. I hate it. I feel like all my hard work went right down the drain and it's all gone. My new clothes that I bought this past summer are too tight. I went back from a size 7 to a size 11. I was originally in a 13 when I first started this journey in 09. It took me a year to get the 30 pounds off, and the 30 some inches of body fat off. I walked my butt off. I worked my butt off. I ran and I drank water... I was always going going going. And it's all back. Oh well, I just have to start over.
  • smcox01
    Options
    Hi. Thanks so much for the invite. I would love to join. A little about me... I am a registered nurse, I am a single mother of five, and I have been separated for 11 months. I have been overweight most of my life but after the seperation, I packed on about another 40 lbs. I have back and knee problems and in my job, those are hard things to deal with. I am ready to get my old life and body back. I need to do it for myself and for my kids.

Starting weight 315
    Goal weight 165
    Current weight 315

11980106.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ettawelk
    Options
    Hi!! I would like to join T.H.E.!! The encouragement and supporting of one another is just what I'm looking for. :smile:

My goal for the next week is to watch my carb counts and keep them low. That's when I feel best. :flowerforyou:

SW: 250 CW: 232 GW: 135
  • Painten
    Options
    I've gained 2lbs..that's dissapointing.

Starting weight - 301
    Goal weight - still not sure
    Current weight - 268
  • ettawelk
    Options
    Good Monday morning!!! Today is the start of a new week and I am excited to hit the gym! Sounds pretty crazy I'm sure, but I am on a roll!! You see, I have never been a consistent exerciser, and since I started "living a healthier lifestyle" 5 weeks ago, I have made working out a priority, and guess what? I now LOVE it!! Crazy, huh? Oh, and the 18 pounds of fat being gone isn't bad either! So that is why a new week is exciting for me. New challenges, maybe a new clothing size, new friends on MFP, all kinds of new stuff going on! Hope everyone has a great day and I also hope your weigh in this morning puts a smile on your face! :D

SW: 250 CW: 232 GW: 135
  • odditblue
    odditblue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do like the Trying Hard Everyday theme! Good for motivation. =)

SW= 260
    GW= 125
    CW= 239

Workin on it!
    Shingles is a doozy of a speed bump, but I'm not giving up!
    Thanks for making the group.
    =)
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hey everyone. Doing my daily check in. Today I drank lots of water, and I took the steps at work as much as I could.

How's everyone else doing?
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals!

I forgot today was weigh-in until after breakfast...and even at that I show I lost a pound! Met a girlfriend for lunch and pigged out on BLT, potato salad and two beers. But what fun we had! Soooooo, I was a tad over calories...but under fat, carb, and sugars! I'm not complaining!

Sorry, Vicky your scale moved the wrong way for you...but didn't you say you're in smaller jeans? You might be gaining muscle...all the Zumba!

Welcome Etta! Sounds like you are going to fit quite well here. You go girl!

Oh Kelly BC Pills...yuck! I hope they can figure out what's going on.

Whoa, blue...sorry about the Shingles! They are miserable! Hang in there and keep up the good work. You've made great progress!

Well, I'm outta here...need to get ready for tomorrow.

Happy Losing.....*Ü*
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the invite!

My name is Shannon, and I'm a single mom to a beautiful 4 year old. I'm recently divorced after leaving an abusive and unhealthy relationship. I've been gaining and losing the same 30 lbs since my senior year in high school. I'm committed to stop yo yo'ing once and for all. I'm down to my last few pounds and struggling to get the scale moving. I haven't been this weight in 5 years, so I'm thrilled regardless. This week I'll try to up my water to 10 glasses vs 8.

SW: 220
    CW: 162.5
    GW: 150-155
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    SW 252
    CW 253
    GW 160 or so

Another 1/2 pound gone!!!! :happy:
    My husband & I are planning our 3rd trip to Hawaii in June to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. He wants to take an open door helicopter ride & see the lava close up (from 500 feet above it) so we both need to be under 250 pounds because they will weigh us before allowing us on the helicopter. If you weigh 250 pounds or more, you get charged an extra $25. Why pay more $ when it IS possible to lose the weight instead?
    Now that I have my new foot brace, I can start walking again (weather permitting) outside, using the eliptical & riding the bike at physical therapy. I will not be using the Wii Fit for awhile (yet) until I am 100% comfortable with my brace & know which way it will allow my foot to bend without causing me pain. So, I plan to continue dropping the pounds because you have to weigh 250 or less & that weight includes what you are wearing for the helicopter ride.
  • naturaljules
    Options
    Hi Dreamer and everyone else, thanks for the invite. I just joined today, googled 230lbs 5'5 and this is where I ended up. I am 35 (36 in two days!!) year old married mother of four. I live 45 mins out of Christchurch, New Zealand on 4ha. I have two horses, a pig, a rooster, 2 dogs, 5 pups and a cat... life is very busy. I study Naturopathy and love it, but my procrastination levels are high...

SW: 106kg (233lbs) CW: 106kg (233lbs) GW: 62kg (136lbs) only 97lbs to lose or 44kg!! I'm 5 foot 5.

I currently see a personal trainer once a week at her home gym and weigh in on a Thursday with her so I'll just use that weigh in on a Monday.

I have high blood pressure and have suffered depression for nearly 10 years. I refuse to have another decade go by where I fail to enjoy my life.

And my goal for this week is to log every day's food and exercise religiously.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hey everyone. I forgot to post my weight yesterday.

SW:161 CW:161 GW:130

No loss. I'm holding a lot of water though. I'm drinking a lot of water. Lately I feel like I can't get enough. I'm always thirsty.

Today, I kept to most of my goals. I haven't logged my food yet. I'm getting ready to though. I drank my water. I took the steps as much as possible.

Welcome new members. Stay positive naturaljules. It's not worth letting the depression take over for you. Stay in control and stay happy.

How's everyone else doing?

Welcome Shannon_2003. I'm glad that your out of that relationship. Unhealthy and abusive is not good. Keep up the good work and you'll do great.
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Hi All,

Nice to see such a busy thread! Welcome everyone.

I'm excited about your new brace, Dreamer! I did the Virtual Model now and goal and keep her in my food drawer at work. It's my usual place where I will most likely weaken.

I wonder if you birth control pills are adding to your thirst, Kelly? Something to ask your dr.

Our hunter is gone...we fed him well...and another deer lives. I am so ready for chicken!

Gotta get ready for work...see ya tonight.

*Ü*
  • pawprint061
    Options
    This group has become very quiet............
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Very quiet indeed! I don't have much to report on until Monday's weigh in..I'm pretty boring! :laugh:
  • Painten
    Options
    Sorry i've not been posting as i've had a lot on this week. My mum has been unwell and uni has stepped up a notch. I've felt like i've not had a stress free moment all week.

Really looking forward to zumba tomorrow as i really need to let off some steam.

Shannon..i know how that is. Till i started uni i pretty much never had anything to say in any conversation. I could go months without anything even remotely interesting to say to anyone *lol* Even now....
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Goodness. I hope your mother feels better soon Painten.

Well, I have good news. I have been thinking about going back to school for a few months now and I finally went ahead and started the process. I got the call today that it's official I start classes the 31st this month. I'm going for my associates in business admin with a focus on medical records. My financial aid was approved also. I'm so excited. It's through University Of Phoenix.

Still drinking water. Trying to still take the steps when possible. Everything here is pretty much good.
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals!

Yes, Vicky...I too hope your Mum feels better soon!

Kelly, that is wonderful about your schooling! I got soooo close to a degree but I met a man and never finished. Still have the man, though...almost 40 years! No regrets, though...well, maybe a little one.

I've been over eating a bit this week...until today. Came home with an up set tummy, it started when my new boss (on the road out of town for a week) forgot to do an important report for a grant we have...so now I have to do it....and it was due yesterday and it's 5 minutes to the end of my day on the job.

Yeah, the thread can get a little quiet...but I try to check in almost everynight incase anyone needs a pat on the back or a virtual hug. Granted, not always do we have something exciting to share, but just knowing we are here for eachother is what a Support Thread is about.

Well, I'm off to sleep my day.....

Happy Losing.....*Ü*