Shopping for Jeans

Options
mccrockl
mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
This weekend I went home to see my parents. My mom noticed that my size 18 jeans were hanging off of me and offered to buy me a couple of pairs of jeans the next size down. I told her I didn't think I was there yet, but we went anyway. They totally fit! I am in a size 16! I wasn't nearly as excited to be in a size 18 (down from a 22) because I have been in that size before as an adult. I got down to an 18 while living in France and back down while working on my Master's. I have not been in a size 16 in my adult life. The last time I was a size 16 I was a junior in high school!

Replies

• mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    Options
    that is so exciting!!! congrats!
  • ju33
    ju33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yeahh well done you :) xxx you must feel fab xxxx
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    omg i just told this same story a couple days ago... congrats to you i also went from 22 to fitting in those 16s. i said i havent worn 16 since i was 16 so thats jr high.

High five :bigsmile:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic - what a great NSV. Congrats on the smaller size jean.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    awesome...that's the best feeling!!!
  • maryshack
    maryshack Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    That's awesome, good for you!
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That is EXACTLY where I'm at as well! Isn't it a wonderful feeling?! Congrats on the NSV! Keep up the fantastic work! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Fantastic!!! The excitement in the way you just told your story made me smile!! Hope mom got a big hug for those new jeans!!!
  • trishl2011
    trishl2011 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    congrats!!:smile:
  • Courtney_0_0
    Options
    YEAH!!! And jeans are always a great predictor of "true" size change--bet you'd even lean toward a sz 14 in dresses!!! :) I hope you feel confident, rewarded, and SEXY(!) and take yourself and your cute new bottom out for a matching top!
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes she did get a big hug. I think she would have bought everything in the store. I had to keep putting things back so she wouldn't go crazy.
  • ygsandoval
    ygsandoval Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are reaping the rewards of your hard work.
  • Tani316
    Tani316 Posts: 28
    Options
    Congrats, Lady! That is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    great work and it is a great feeling :)
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    WOOT!! I had this moment last week. Pulled out my "skinny girl clothes" from under the bed. Size 14 jeans up and over my bum. From a women's 18 to a misses 14... isn't is the best feeling!!?? So proud and happy for you!! =) It only is going to get better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!