Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Crockpot cheeseburgers.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Not really a recipe but I find it completely disgusting when people put mayonaise or ranch dressing on meatball subs at Subway.
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have not tried this, but a co-worker just told me about an Atkins recipe for french toast she made this weekend. Which involves crushing up pork rinds and mixing them with eggs and whipping cream. Hurk.

What I used to love was A&W onion rings dipped in a root beer float. Amazing.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have never had spaghetti tacos, but I've had spaghetti sandwiches (spaghetti with sauce between buttered bread). OH MY GOD... it's fantastic. Like... soooo good. That said, I haven't had anything like that since i started watching my carbs and cals. LOL
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If I ever feel like eating when I'm not hungry I plan to revisit this thread.

Split Pea Soup has to be the most awful looking, terrible smelling, least palatable food ever.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing basted with Big Red soda. BLECH! And a disgusting color, too!

I think my friend who made it was inspired by a ham recipe that used Coke as a meat tenderizer/ flavoring, and she thought "hmmmm. . . if coke works then why not Big Red?!"

BECAUSE IT'S DISGUSTING! THAT'S WHY!!!!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Worst ever....Uni (sea urchin) apparently its a big honor to have it cause it's expensive but yuck yuck yuck...the texture was horrible, I love sushi!!!

I LOVE uni!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Almost anything Hungry Girl makes.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    What's the most disgusting recipe you have tried? Or the nastiest sounding food combination you have seen out there?
    While it's not as disgusting as my brother's Kool-Aid in milk and potato chip-bologna-cheese-ketchup sandwich combinations, I keep seeing recipes and advertisements for spaghetti tacos. :sick: Noodles in a taco shell? For some reason that just makes my skin crawl.
    Didn't spaghetti tacos come from iCarly? lol My daughter wants to try these! lol
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers in the UK are renowned for their hideous vegetarian meal suggestions. One was plain tofu with a baked potato but the worse I can remember is plain couscous with tinned baked beans! Gross!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Um, I have to admit I put Miracle Whip in my Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, and I kinda liked it. My mom, is to blame for that creation. Like once every 6 months I'll crave one, but then about half way thru it, I wanna barf.

And P.S. Miracle Whip is sooooooooooo different than Mayo. Mayo reminds me of calf scours.....(not that I've eaten those, but the smell and eck....) Ok, gotta quit now.

And P.S.S. You're oh so welcome for that visual. :)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti tacos are courtesy of iCarly. My daughter wants to make them, but she likes neither spaghetti nor tacos!
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    My daughter made me a Guiness (dark strong beer) milkshake once. It was pretty good, toss in the blender with some ice cream and chocolate..sounds wierd, by was oddly tasty.
  • mdayishere
    Options
    I made apple cider pork in the crockpot 2 years ago and it tasted like poison! We ended up starting a tradition on trick or treat by ordering pizza every year!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I have not tried this, but a co-worker just told me about an Atkins recipe for french toast she made this weekend. Which involves crushing up pork rinds and mixing them with eggs and whipping cream. Hurk.

What I used to love was A&W onion rings dipped in a root beer float. Amazing.

I know it's weird but i swear to god, the pork rind french toast is really awesome and tastes just like it! I was weirded out too but it was really dead on , on the flavor
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Most of the things on here look vile!

http://thisiswhyyourefat.tumblr.com/
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Crab meat and salsa!

didnt try it just heard about it from a friend.

Gross!!!
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Um, I have to admit I put Miracle Whip in my Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, and I kinda liked it. My mom, is to blame for that creation. Like once every 6 months I'll crave one, but then about half way thru it, I wanna barf.

And P.S. Miracle Whip is sooooooooooo different than Mayo. Mayo reminds me of calf scours.....(not that I've eaten those, but the smell and eck....) Ok, gotta quit now.

And P.S.S. You're oh so welcome for that visual. :)

Hahahahaha... Eeeew. Although pretzels and mw is yummy!
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Banana pancakes. I know everyone raves about them on the forums but I tried them and they were awful!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I tried the salsa on chicken breast cooked in the crockpot and found it totally unedible. It's highly recommended on here but just turned my stomach.

I tried to "improvise" with the lasagne cupcakes, too, but my improv turned out pretty nasty and they went in the trash. Although, I must say, they were really cute little cupcakes!!

It's not a recipe, but, hummus did not go over very well here either.

Anything with olives makes me gag!!!

Now, a good ol' peanut butter, mustard and lettuce sandwich sounds yummy or peanut butter and sweet relish sandwich sounds good. I grew up eating these!!!