starting new today and need friends to help motivate!

Options
hi all!

i'm excited to be on this site and to start my new lifestyle of being healthy, making good choices and staying positive.

i am 27, overweight and it has been affecting who i am, how i carry myself and my self confidence to a detrimental degree. my goal is that by the time i'm 28 (10 months), i have become a new person who exudes self confidence, isn't afraid to try new things, has a newfound energy to live each day to the fullest and loves every minute of it.

i would LOVE to have friends on this site to help keep me motivated, to share my successes with, but most of all, to keep me accountable.with MFP messages, check ins, emails, text mgs, etc.

look forward to hearing from all of you!

thanks,
nish

Replies

• Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Do it girl...nothing like finding the new you. Im one girl (47) and yes still young. that can tell you with the change brings the new you and pride in who you are.
    Go gettem
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to MFP - you will definitely find motivation here! Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend xxx
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is definitely the place to help you succeed in your goals... adding you now!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    welcome. if you read my profile (and i'll know if you don't) you can send me a friend request.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Congrats on joining MFP--you can definitely succeed here! Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • lace0211
    lace0211 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:bigsmile:
  • christijhill
    Options
    I love this site and have never had weight loss success until now. I am still making adjustments and trying to get where I need to be, but I have made more progress toward getting healthier than I have in years. Feel free to send me a friend request! I live in Kingston, TN and have lots of pets! christijhill
  • ZydecoBeauty
    Options
    Hi Nish,

I too am starting today and have a total goal of losing 58lbs. i'm starting small and want to lose at least 10lbs before Thanksgiving...I will begin my workout routine today when I get in from work...planning to work out 6 days a week with 3 days of strength training a week. I'm looking forward to this journey to a new ME!! Let's encourage and motivate on another as we work to reach higher heights...

I know I sometimes need motivation and one of my major problems is that I enjoy drinking coffee with cream & sugar..and I know the sugar is empty calories...I'm gonna try to slowly give up the sugar and go black...not looking forward to that taste..I've done that before but couldn't stick to it longer than 12 weeks...

I'm planning to track my weight but probably not weekly as my weight fluctuates all over the place.

Wishing you all the best!

Zydeco Beauty
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Mfp and on beginning your journey. we are all in this for the same reason to support and motivate each other. plz feel free to add me good luck x
  • LisaAnn_37
    LisaAnn_37 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm also new and looking for friends to help motivate me in my new lifestyle as I know it won't be an easy road...
    Add me if you would like the same support in return! I love motivation and I LIVE for it!

I'm a happy person who has a beautiful life... just want the health to go with it now!!!

Thanks!
    Lisa
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for motivation and bragging rights :P
    Cause you are so going to do this!
    I believe in you :)
  • marilyn1998
    Options
    hi i am new today too, and would like to share your weight loss journey.I am marilyn.. i am going to be 50 in the new year and want so much not to feel fat and fifty!
    I am recently divorced so am trying to find the old new me!
  • lovebug885
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • jodis319
    jodis319 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm new too and feel free to add me to your friends list. We are all here because we need support and motivation, so the more the merrier!! Good luck to you on your journey :-)