10K tomorrow?? OPINIONS please

Options
2»

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    LOL yes I got the T-shirt. It is pretty, it happens to be the 25th year of this particular race, so the design is nice:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!:drinker: I knew you could do it and I am now officially inspired to do a 10k in the future!!:bigsmile:
    That is sooooo awesome!!:flowerforyou: You should feel so proud! And think of all the calories you burned!!:huh:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! You did AWESOME and you inspire me!

Congrats!
    :flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Way to go!!!:drinker: I knew you could do it and I am now officially inspired to do a 10k in the future!!:bigsmile:
    That is sooooo awesome!!:flowerforyou: You should feel so proud! And think of all the calories you burned!!:huh:

according to MFP, 1016 calories!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and as much as I advocate eating the exercise cals, I don't think I will today! I'm having tri-tip for dinner, so I can eat pretty much whatever I like, but I don't think I'll hit the mark for ALL of those:wink:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so glad you got out there and did it! Sounds like it was a
    beautiful day:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    it was! the Bay was shining, Alcatraz looked amazing, it was a gorgeous sight! Lots of people were stopping on the bridge to take pictures. I didn't stop, I was afraid I would not get going again:laugh: :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    it was! the Bay was shining, Alcatraz looked amazing, it was a gorgeous sight! Lots of people were stopping on the bridge to take pictures. I didn't stop, I was afraid I would not get going again:laugh: :wink:

Good for you!!!!!!! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    according to MFP, 1016 calories!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and as much as I advocate eating the exercise cals, I don't think I will today! I'm having tri-tip for dinner, so I can eat pretty much whatever I like, but I don't think I'll hit the mark for ALL of those:wink:

Just as a side note, MFP calculates the running at a much higher rate than it really is. About 100 cals per mile is about right, so I would go for 620 cals for a 10K. (6.2 miles) I found that out after getting a HRM. :wink:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

well I'm glad that I am not gonna eat all those.

but wouldn't a HRM be your specific own rate of loss? Because I am still in the obese range, wouldn't I burn more?

Say it's so!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

but wouldn't a HRM be your specific own rate of loss? Because I am still in the obese range, wouldn't I burn more?

Yeah, it also depends on how much you weigh. But... I find that MFPcal burn for running is really high. For most of the other workouts it's pretty accurate though! :wink:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! so proud of you! and now you can "Check" that you did a 10K in your life. Awesome!!:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    LL !!!!!

I'm so excited to read this-- so proud of you, so impressed. Not only did you do it, you helped somebody else to finish, so he can say he ran across-- that's so wonderful!!!!!

I'm running my first 5k next month and this is so exciting to read-- way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post some pictures when you can-- I'd love to see the shirt. That's what I want most of all-- my t-shirt, and the finish line pictures!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

Yeah, it also depends on how much you weigh. But... I find that MFPcal burn for running is really high. For most of the other workouts it's pretty accurate though! :wink:

I personally found the opposite. I bought a heart rate monitor and I burn MORE than MPF would calucate. MPF tells me that for jogging 20 minutes at 5 MPH (I'm only up to 4.8 on the treadmill) that I burn 194 calories. My HRM tells me more like 300.

Congrats on doing the 10K! I knew you could!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

Thanks for sharing your experience and helping to inspire me to go on with my plans.

I have a 10K walk for MS coming up in a few weeks. I've also been feeling the urge to wimp out but after hearing how much you enjoyed your 10K I think I'll stick with it!