Hitting on women in the Gym

Options

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    When I went to the gym I was all business. I put on my headphones and zoned out. I didn't hit on females at the gym. If I saw an attractive lady I'd think good for her keep it up. Maybe I'll see her out and about then hit on her but, not when I'm doing my thing. I did always get guys asking me about my routine,,,,,gawd I hated that. I'm there to train not have social hour
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm married I'd be flattered, means I'm getting my mojo back. My caveat would be that as long as it wasn't the sweaty old red dude who stalks the ladies outside the pool.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    There was a survey that read most people met there other half at the supermarket...hmmm! I am sure you would rather meet your other half at the gym!

If he/she is single and you are not doing it in a stakling way, then why not go and have a little chat.:-)
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Its flattering.
    End Story. as long as they aren't doing any of the things you pointed out as straight up creeepppyyy.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Definitely dont be a creeper about it. But theres something to be said about someone seeing you sweaty and still finding that attractive thats super flattering.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It would be very flattering to be hit on at my gross-est! Just don't be a creeper.
  • sweetpunani
    Options
    It's flattering! Because I am not looking my hottest while at the gym (no makeup, messy hair, sweaty, gym clothes). So to get hit on while I am all natural is a compliment.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    It depends on the guy. If I thought he was attractive, it would be flattering, if I thought he was ugly, it would be creepy ;)

Of course I'd take anybody... perhaps I'll be a creeper girl.
  • tlilly80
    Options
    It sort of makes me laugh....I have girlfriends who complain they don't know where to find good men and those same women complain when they get hit on. You can't have it both ways, girls! ;) Talking to people isn't all that hard. And usually if you are tactful enough to let someone who is hitting on you know that you're not interested/taken/ect....things are going to be okay. There are probably tons of great guys in gyms who have the same interests as you (like....getting into shape or staying in shape). Let's not turn this into a world where the only way we can find a date is through internet dating sites. Oh noes!
  • Behipped
    Options
    I really hate it. But I tend to be antisocial at the gym. It makes me feel uncomfortable and like I can't perform to my best ability if I feel like someone is staring at me.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on at the gym. Apparently I am "intimidating".... so I've been told. :huh:

LOL..I have been told that also..
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    One guy did it in a normal way - introduced himself, made some small talk, asked me to dinner, I told him thanks but I'm married and he said bye and went on his way and other than saying hi, didn't bother me again. That was ok, I wasn't creeped out. If he had continued to give me unwanted attention, THAT would have pissed me off. Some guys just stare, and then my level of comfort with that depends on how hot he is LOL
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on at the gym. Apparently I am "intimidating".... so I've been told. :huh:

Same here, sort of. This actually happens everywhere, not just at the gym.

But either way, no I don't mind. I'd be completely flattered, and who knows what could come out of it? I agree with the "starting with common ground" thing too. Always a good conversation starter.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

Ditto. I rarely get hit on anywhere.

Actually!!!! Once I was hit on at the bar by a guy who had seen me at the gym.

Does that count? lol
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    Assuming you do it in a non-creeper way (No following them home/to the parking lot, no waiting for them, no breathing heavily in their ear as they try to stretch, no leering, ect)

How do you ladies feel about being hit on in the gym? Is that a no-no, or would you be flattered? I know a lot of women feel "dirty" or "nasty" from being all sweaty and tired.

It really just depends.

Some guys are just strange and/or annoyingly persistent. If I had a better attitude, I would try and see it as flattering, but really it just creeps me out.

Sometimes I find it flattering. But that's just being hit on, in general. I went a very, very long time where the only comments about my looks were negative, so now on the odd occasions that someone hits on me I am flattered (and then I start the negative internal monologue about how he's "just being nice" :grumble: )

Mostly I am pretty neutral. I do not go to the gym often any more, because my membership is at the gym I used to work at, and when I go to workout all the regulars ask me to fix things for them. When I do go, I tend to try and ignore everyone there until my workout is done, which discourages conversation of any sort, I guess.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options

Ditto. I rarely get hit on anywhere.

Actually!!!! Once I was hit on at the bar by a guy who had seen me at the gym.

Does that count? lol

haha, I'd say yes!
    I really don't know what the problem is. There's never any follow through! I've had guys smile and make eye contact, then they don't have the guts to come up and talk. GROW SOME BAAAALLS! (this applies to me too I guess. I could be the one to go up...)
  • Katemarie34
    Katemarie34 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Definitely flattering to get hit on at the gym!
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be hit on at the gym. . . Actually, I'm making this my new personal goal. ;)
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    It's creepy no matter what, IMO.

Lol
    But I'm a weirdo, and usually it's not the attractive ones who flirt.
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ashely Judd is afamous Country Singer who gained fame as part fo the family band The Judds

Ashley Judd was definetely NOT in The Judds... she's an actress. The Judds were Naomi and Wynonna....