C25K Starting October 15

Options
2»

Replies

• LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just tried my hand at running last week. Not to bad for someone who has never ran.

Count me in! I will start tomorrow.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed - same format as Day 1 but with just the 5 minute warm up and cool down.

I got up early to do it but should have allowed a bit more time - it's nearly 7:30 here in England so the rest of you have probably not long gone to bed!

Good luck for those of you starting today :smile:
  • polarcubby
    Options
    Nice job guys! This is shaping up to be an excellent group. I'm a little ahead on c25k (day 1 of week 2 today) but I would love to join you. Glad week 1 is going well for everyone. My week 1 was very odd. Challenging and exhausting the first day, miserable the second and steady and strong the third.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Anyone else started today?
  • obstacleone
    Options
    I did day 2 today.

How is everyone feeling?
  • lazyspice
    Options
    I have to confess to feeling a bit smug with myself today :laugh:

I'm looking at doing Day 3 on Thursday and maybe stepping up the runs to 4.5 mph.
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I will be starting C25K today, just found this thread :) The husband and I are beginning a 4 day a week gym regimen as all of a sudden it's important we go now that he feels heavy *rolls eyes* At least he's tagging along, right?! I'll post my feelings when I get home tonight. I used to run in high school, I've been out for 5 years and got laaaaazy. Talk to you all later!
  • michelca
    Options
    Just finished Week 3 Day 1 and I feel fantastic!
  • lazyspice
    Options
    I've just done Week 1 Day 3!

I didn't intend to - I thought maybe I'll do half of it and then walk for 20 minutes or so but I did 4 sets and thought, what the hell! So, in theory that's me done for this week but I think I'll do it again on Friday and see if I can up the running to 4.5mph.

Planning to start Week 2 on Sunday :smile:
  • obstacleone
    Options
    Just completed wk 1 day 3. gearing up for wk 2 day 1 starting on saturday.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    I had planned to start Week 2 over the weekend but didn't feel up to it (head cold). I did an extra day of week 1 yesterday and will hopefully start week 2 in the next couple of days.

How is everyone else doing so far?
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 completed :bigsmile:

I even upped the speeds on the last two reps to 3.5 mph walking and 4.5 mph running - quite pleased with that!
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    Excuse my absence, I've had some computer issues. Thank god for the MFP app on my phone. I did Week 1 Day 3 on Saturday with a slight improvement in my time. I did Week 2 Day 1 today. I thought I kicked *kitten*. But when I looked at the stats, I was somehow slower than I was on Saturday. But, I did it - and that's what counts. W2D2 on Wednesday. Hope everyone else feels like they are kicking *kitten*.
  • lazyspice
    Options
    Hope everyone else feels like they are kicking *kitten*.

Hell yes! I felt like I could take on the world yesterday :laugh:
  • RockyController
    Options
    I started over on the 24 and have completed D1 & D2 of Week 1. Was going to do D3 of W1 today but decided to take a break from it and will resume tomorrow.
  • ecaz
    Options
    I did W2D2 today. Same exact time and distance as W2D1. I did see a quote earlier today that I liked. It said "Whether it is a 14 minute mile or a 7 minute mile, IT IS STILL A MILE." Love it.
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've actually finished the program... but i thought about maybe doing it over and going for speed instead of distance. does that sound reasonable? I'm just horribly horribly slow, like 4 mph
  • lazyspice
    Options
    I forgot to post yesterday - W2D2 completed and I upped the speed for the last two reps again. Not tooooooo worried about speed at the moment but 4mph is starting to feel too slow for the runs :happy:
  • ecaz
    Options
    Looks like this group kinda fell apart. I have had alot of stuff going on, but am still running when I can. I did Week 3 Day 1 today. And I did it on a treadmill in the hotel I am staying at. I never ran on a treadmill before, I kinda liked it.