hey outdoor runners, your go-to rainy day workout

Options
what do you do when the rain interrupts your run?

i usually hop on the elliptical instead. :)

Replies

• punkinrn
    punkinrn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    if i had an elliptical i'd be on it every day! you burn twice as much!
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Spinning at home or P90X Plyometrics. I have Insanity, too but I'm kinda waiting to get to godlike levels of fitness so I can then be suitably humbled by them.....
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I put on some long sleeves and gloves and run!
  • BodybyPlants
    BodybyPlants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I put on some long sleeves and gloves and run!

I second that!

If I am not in the mood to get cold and wet I sometimes hit the treadmill or elliptical or Adaptive Motion Trainer!
    =)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I go out and run. ;) The only time I won't run in the rain if it is a thunderstorm.
  • Robinkinchen
    Robinkinchen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba :-)
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I done 3 or 4 marathons in the rain now. Most of them weren't all that bad, but Los Angeles last March was a crazy mess. Here's a link to the finish line. Biggest problem is heavy clothes and chaffing and then getting warmed back up in a hurry once you stop running.

http://youtu.be/OD7fHIVPvow
  • fbuschur
    Options
    unless it's cold - run in the rain. If its too cold, off to the gym for a spin class, or a treadmill.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    We have a treadmill at home.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    It depends on how rainy and cold it is, lol. If it's a drizzle and not too cold I'll still head outside. If it's just plain nasty outside I'll get on the dreadmill or do yoga.
  • micklepickle61
    Options
    I run. Rain or cold.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I also run-I live on the west coast, so if I let the rain stop me from doing things, my life would be pretty boring LOL
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    We have a treadmill at home.

Yeah us too. In fact I hardly ever go "out" anymore to run.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I hate rain. I hate running in the rain unless it's 80 degrees. So depending on the situation I just not run (if I'm not in any kind of specific training), or put on the appropriate clothing & tough it out if skipping runs would hinder trianing. I hate the treadmill and if I NEVER stepped foot on another one I'd be happy. As much as I don't like running in the rain, I hate the treadmill more.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I HATE the dreadmill too, I run in the rain, unless it's a thunderstorm.
  • AndrewTub
    AndrewTub Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I <3 running in the rain ! Except my ipod gets wet!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    ive just started but my first run was in the rain so im not letting it get in the way now hehe xxx
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    The rain doesn't stop me. I actually love running in the rain. It really invigorates me and for some reason feel so much more energized the rest of the day.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I got caught in a thunderstorm once and got blister from my shoes. for all you runners who normally run in the rain, what type of clothes do you wear and how do you stop yourself from getting blisters on your feet from the wet shoes?
  • Coastalmama01
    Options
    treadmill. we scored ours off of CL for $40!