1,200 cals switching to MAINTENANCE mode.

Options
Has anyone on here been on 1,200 cals per day and have now switched to maintenance mode? What is your cal deficit now, and I was wondering if you automatically started to reach your maintenance cals as soon as you switched.. did you gain at all or did everything work out fine? Just looking for a few MFP friends on here that I can have mutual support with. Thanks!

Replies

• JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I would love to see the responses. I've lost very consistently with the guidlines MFP gave me and I am only 5lbs away from my goal and I wonder what it will set for me at the maintenance level...
  • bigdog1006
    Options
    I just switched to maintenance mode this week. I was doing 1300 calories, MFP recommends 1630 for me now, I have not been able to eat all the calories and I have lost another pound so far. I have also started weight training on my Total Gym bc there are still "pudgy" areas that I want to work on. I am really nervous about the maintenance part, I have never been here. Usually I loose until I'm at my goal weight then totally slack off and gain it all back. I am tired of doing that, so I am really trying. Someone suggested eating more protein to help up my calories and that does help. I would love some support in the same place as me, so friend me if you want!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you're in maintenance mode, there should not be a calorie deficit...
  • bigdog1006
    Options
    I just switched to maintenance mode this week. I was doing 1300 calories, MFP recommends 1630 for me now, I have not been able to eat all the calories and I have lost another pound so far. I have also started weight training on my Total Gym bc there are still "pudgy" areas that I want to work on. I am really nervous about the maintenance part, I have never been here. Usually I loose until I'm at my goal weight then totally slack off and gain it all back. I am tired of doing that, so I am really trying. Someone suggested eating more protein to help up my calories and that does help. I would love some support in the same place as me, so friend me if you want!

HAHAHAHA! I forgot I am signed in under my bf's account!!! Lol! My username is Hiemerapril, friend ME if you want! LMBO!
  • Rachelbluegirl
    Rachelbluegirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance mode now, it's really hard... they have me at 1780 calories a day which is a LOT. today I have about 1000 calorie deficit left since I worked out =/ I feel guilty eating that many calories so I tend to stay around 1300-1400, I haven't lost weight in a couple weeks so it should be ok. Feel free to friend me and message me with any questions or if you need support :)
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I only had a couple of kgs to lose when I started here. I'm 5"4, 19 yrs, 106lb, small frame etc, healthy weight.

I was eating 1200-1300 cals and not really eating back exercise cals (although I wasn't burning too much anyway, just light exercise).

I've been moving into maintenance for the last 4 weeks, and upping by around 50 cals a day every week that I'm losing. It's a slow process, but I'm getting there.

I'm up to 1300 net cals so far, don't think I'll be able to get too much higher though. I workout more now though, so some days I eat 1600 cals, and usually I have a "treat day" on Saturdays where I go a little over.
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA! I forgot I am signed in under my bf's account!!! Lol! My username is Hiemerapril, friend ME if you want! LMBO!

I was a little worried about you. Your bf looks like he should have more than 1300. :)
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    If you're in maintenance mode, there should not be a calorie deficit...

yep^
  • babyblake11
    Options
    I'm in maintenance mode now, it's really hard... they have me at 1780 calories a day which is a LOT. today I have about 1000 calorie deficit left since I worked out =/ I feel guilty eating that many calories so I tend to stay around 1300-1400, I haven't lost weight in a couple weeks so it should be ok. Feel free to friend me and message me with any questions or if you need support :)

you havnt lost because your body has gotten so used to consuming so little calories, you really should eat them or this will be bad for your body in the long run.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options

you havnt lost because your body has gotten so used to consuming so little calories, you really should eat them or this will be bad for your body in the long run.

I eat a LOT though, like, really a lot. I eat for hours straight, just not highly caloric foods. I don't want to force myself to eat things I don't want to eat. Won't I gain weight if I start eating around 1700 since my body isn't used to it?
  • babyblake11
    Options

I eat a LOT though, like, really a lot. I eat for hours straight, just not highly caloric foods. I don't want to force myself to eat things I don't want to eat. Won't I gain weight if I start eating around 1700 since my body isn't used to it?

if you up your calories gradually, you wont .. if you do, just take it as fluctuation and it will fall right back off.. but fine if you want to keep depriving your body... your life.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I just switched mine to Maintenance mode and it kicked me up to 1910 calories a day. That seems really, really high after living on a base of 1300 a day. It will take a long time working up to that consumption a day. I see a lot more almonds in my future!! lol
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    I've been thinking about this alot and I'm like 25 pounds away from switching to maintenance calories. It kind of doesn't make sense to me to up my calories by 500 from one day to the next and I'm planning on doing it gradually.