do you have a favorite child?

Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
are they similar to you? or opposite of you?

Replies

• surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I have one, so he is my favorite! :wink:
    He has some of my traits, and some of his dad's, but fortunately, I think he's gonna turn out okay!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My "favorite" changes depending on which one isn't being obnoxious at the moment. :laugh: Right now, they both are, so I have no favorite.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    My favorite child? My kids asked me that one day - my favorite kid would be......(drum roll) MY DOGS!!!! lol

They never complain about getting the same thing for breakfast/lunch or dinner.

They are ALWAYS happy to see me (even if they were in trouble before I left for work).

and They never talk back.

Seriously, I don't do the favorite child thing, my son and daughter are unique in their own special ways. I love them both equally. I had my son when i was very young, so I had to grow up quick and now we like the same shows/music/authors. My daughter is a little character and loves to ham it up, loves to dress up in cute dresses and be a girlie girl (nothing like how I was as a kid).

My parents had their "favorites" - yea, does not make for a conducive environment.
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well, my son just cleared all the bookmarks off my computer, so he's not the current favorite.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    I have a favorite 18 year old son and a favorite 23 year old son. :laugh:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Right now it is my youngest. She hasn't gotten to the point where she is a ***** to me and we get along well. She just turned 18 on Saturday.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yes, growing up in my house I was my favorite child . . . oh, we're talking about our own children . . .
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Unless you have an only child, I do not want to hear about the favorite child...
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    Really? Really?! I know you are looking to start some form of a ****storm but I just wanna smack you, really hard!!!
  • godblessourhome
    Options

haha, that's what i tell me kids too. my favorite oldest son and favorite youngest son. if i have more sons, i am going to have to be a little more creative.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Unless you have an only child, I do not want to hear about the favorite child...

^^^This!!! No favorites here. They each have their strong points and their week points, but I love both my boys equally. When you have more than one child you heart grow big enough to love them all the same.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Really? Really?! I know you are looking to start some form of a ****storm but I just wanna smack you, really hard!!!

settle down. actually, i wasn't looking to start anything. it is an innocent question.

i do have a favorite, but neither one of my children would know it. in fact, both my boys think the other one is the favorite, so i must be doing something right. :) my husband can't figure out who it is and we've talked about it.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    ^This or close to it. They are all my favorites for different reasons. One I talk to about work (similar fields). One I work out with. One is SOO funny. The other is smart and I love to argue politics with him. I watch the same TV shows with my daughters so then they are my favorites. I talk philosophy and religion with the funny one. ( I love this.) The older one provided me with excellent, smart, funny grandkids. So he's my favorite for that reason. Four awesome kids with the capacity to be my "favorite" for different reasons.:love: Lucky me.
  • southpacific
    Options
    isn't the husband always the favorite child??:tongue:
  • argharna
    Options
    I have 3 of my own children and 4 step they all have things I love about them none of them any more then the other. one likes the same kindof books, one movies, and so on. each has something diffrent that makes me love them all the same.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I do but it changes often. Well, not really but that's what I tell them. When one of the four I have does something really sweet I jokingly tell them (loudly so all can hear) that they have "Favored Child Status". It can be cleaning up something without being asked, waiting on me if they see I need a refill or a dish taken to the kitchen or just about anything. Today I worked out in my beautiful new yoga socks, knit for me by my 15 year old DD. Yes, she did get favored child status for making them! :D (But IRL, no one child is my favorite. I have some that are easier to get along with but the one who is sometimes difficult certainly doesn't get delegated to unfavored. She's just exactly like her mother so we clash. I pointed it out to her and made it a good thing instead of acting like she was at fault. We're just passionate people! She's the one who made me the socks! ) :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

settle down. actually, i wasn't looking to start anything. it is an innocent question.

i do have a favorite, but neither one of my children would know it. in fact, both my boys think the other one is the favorite, so i must be doing something right. :) my husband can't figure out who it is and we've talked about it.

I find that sad but your life not mine.
    Trust me though,your kids will figure it out at some point.
    Not trying to be snarky but do you really want to do that to one of them?
  • Lindsey_81
    Lindsey_81 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have Three boys and I have to say I do not know how you could have a favorite. My boys are all so unique and wonderful in their own ways. I can honestly say I love my boys equally and can not imagine my life without them!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't have a "favorite" right now because my kids are pretty young, but I do have one that I understand more than the other. My son is a complete mystery to me and I have a hard time relating to him sometimes. I don't think having a favorite means you love one more than the other, just that you get along with them better. And that's bound to happen with people -- some people we click with, and some people we don't.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    What kind of point are you trying to make here? That you have the power to potentially psychologically hurt your "unfavorite"?...this thread shouldn't be under "Chit Chat Fun and Games"...it should be filed under "Dumba$$ Ramblings to get a rise out of the populace"

EFF OFF!...hey, you scored a point...you got me riled and that is hard to do.

I
This discussion has been closed.