1 cup peeled and diced papaya
    1 cup sliced banana

Nutritional Information:
    1 serving= 1/2 of prepared recipe
    Calories: 284
    Total fat: 2g
    Carbs: 70g
    Protein: 3g

Place juice, honey, cherries, papaya, and banana in a blender, and mix on low speed until the mixture is blended. Continue mixing, gradually increasing speed, until the mixture is smooth.

-The Ultimate Smoothie Pocket Guide
  • mommy0612
    mommy0612 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    MollysMom's Favorite Smoothie

1/2 c. Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt
    2 strawberries
    1/2 banana
    1/4 c. pineapple chunks
    1 tsp honey
    1/4 c. organic soy milk

Blend all ingredients together, makes one breakfast! :) Appx 222 calories, 2 grams fat.

Oh I almost do this as well. I do One every morning for the whole family. Husband is laid off so him as well.

1 cup Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt
    1 banana
    1/2 cup frozen red raspberries
    1/2 cup frozen peaches
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    some strawberries i I have them
    1/2 cup of the v-fusion light peach and mango more juice if I want it thinner.

Love the v-fusion more juice less other stuff. Know what I mean?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this again:tongue: I need more ideas:smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I need to buy a new blender so I can make my own!

Until then I go to a local place for smoothies!

I am meeting a friend there in about 40 min!! LOL It just might be my Spring/Summer pregnancy staple. I had one the other day that was their fresh apple juice, blueberries, banana, raspberry sherbet,non-fat yogurt and ice.

Yes, it was GOOD!! :love:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • age1389
    Options
    I need to buy a new blender so I can make my own!

Until then I go to a local place for smoothies!

I am meeting a friend there in about 40 min!! LOL It just might be my Spring/Summer pregnancy staple. I had one the other day that was their fresh apple juice, blueberries, banana, raspberry sherbet,non-fat yogurt and ice.

Yes, it was GOOD!! :love:

Wow that sounds great!
  • iLose2Gain
    iLose2Gain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of Green Smoothies? I read a book "Green for Life" and "Living on Live Food". They are part of the raw food diet. Now, I am not trying to go raw but I am trying to incorporate raw foods into my diet. (And I am not talking about raw meat!) One of the things I do is a Green Smoothie. A green smoothie is a blended drink of fruits and veggies. I have tried many different recipes and found that Kale is my favorite veggie for them although you can use any green veggie. Here is my smoothie receipe:

1 bunch of Kale
    4 cups of fresh strawberries (not package or bought frozen) (You buy fresh and freeze yourself)
    8oz of freshly squeezed orange juice
    16oz of water

Blend until smooth.

You can substitute to make the perfect smoothie for you by changing the fruits and veggies or adding more or less water and juice. I also like this same recipe but instead of strawberries, I use pineapples. Taste great and makes you full. I don't like to be hungry and when you are trying to lose weight, hunger is the enemy. This will crave that because of the fiber and antioxidants in this drink. If you try it let me know!
  • age1389
    Options
    Has anyone heard of Green Smoothies? I read a book "Green for Life" and "Living on Live Food". They are part of the raw food diet. Now, I am not trying to go raw but I am trying to incorporate raw foods into my diet. (And I am not talking about raw meat!) One of the things I do is a Green Smoothie. A green smoothie is a blended drink of fruits and veggies. I have tried many different recipes and found that Kale is my favorite veggie for them although you can use any green veggie. Here is my smoothie receipe:

1 bunch of Kale
    4 cups of fresh strawberries (not package or bought frozen) (You buy fresh and freeze yourself)
    16oz of water

Blend until smooth.

You can substitute to make the perfect smoothie for you by changing the fruits and veggies or adding more or less water and juice. I also like this same recipe but instead of strawberries, I use pineapples. Taste great and makes you full. I don't like to be hungry and when you are trying to lose weight, hunger is the enemy. This will crave that because of the fiber and antioxidants in this drink. If you try it let me know!

Is there a reason why you have to freeze the strawberries yourself? I usually buy frozen strawberries with no added sugar or perservates.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I had one after the gym today that had fresh OJ, strawberries, blueberries, non-fat yogurt and ice. And I had them put a "boost" of soy protein in it!

It was GREAT!!! :tongue: It is official. Smoothies are my craving right now in this pregnancy! Hey, I guess it could be worse!! :wink: :laugh:
  • buckeyelvr
    Options
    these sound so yummy! i make smoothies every morning for work. this is what i usually use

1 cup dannon non-fat yogurt
    1-2 cups fruit--
    honey
    ice
    and blend---it usually serves me and my daughter.

my current fav combo is pineapple and cantaloupe---IT IS SO REFRESHING:heart:

other yummy combo---strawberry banana, blueberry strawberry.

blackberry and raspberry are great together or on their own----but they both have TONS of tiny seeds.:ohwell:
  • age1389
    Options
    these sound so yummy! i make smoothies every morning for work. this is what i usually use

1 cup dannon non-fat yogurt
    1-2 cups fruit--
    honey
    ice
    and blend---it usually serves me and my daughter.

my current fav combo is pineapple and cantaloupe---IT IS SO REFRESHING:heart:

other yummy combo---strawberry banana, blueberry strawberry.

blackberry and raspberry are great together or on their own----but they both have TONS of tiny seeds.:ohwell:

How much honey?
  • age1389
    Options
    I had one after the gym today that had fresh OJ, strawberries, blueberries, non-fat yogurt and ice. And I had them put a "boost" of soy protein in it!

It was GREAT!!! :tongue: It is official. Smoothies are my craving right now in this pregnancy! Hey, I guess it could be worse!! :wink: :laugh:

Strawberries and blueberries is my favorite combo:love:
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    I love mine!

1/2 banana
    1/2 cup pineapple
    1 c spinach
    1 c light vanilla soy milk

I usually freeze the banana. Just mix it all together and blend! I promise you do not taste the spinach! I use this in the mornings or after morning workouts. Plus, it is 3 servings of your fruit n veggies in one!

You can do this with nearly any fruit blend and not taste the spinach. Kale is also another excellent addition to a fruit smoothie, all the nutrients, none of the flavor!
  • aymie24
    Options

1 bunch of Kale
    16oz of water

Blend until smooth.

Sorry, I didn't see this when I replied to the spinach recipe, lol.

I just wanted to tell you about a high school who tried making these and selling them at lunch, It was a huge sucess! They even made t shirts that said something about I tried a kale smoothie. The kids loved these and what an awseome alternative to the garbage most schools serve!

Going out for some Kale, I suddenly have a smoothie craving! :drinker:
  • iLose2Gain
    Options
    Yes, Kale is my favorite veggie to put in smoothies.

And you should buy fresh fruit and freeze them yourself because the pre-package frozen fruits still have preservatives in them. Plus I was reading the Book "Living on Live Food" by Alissa Cohen and she recommended that you don't use frozen unless it is organic with no sugar added. To save money buying fresh, I go to a farmers market near me. They have the best fruits for half than what you would pay at the store even Walmart. If you can find one near you, check it out, they are great!!
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Bumping for me! :drinker:
  • aymie24
    Options
    Yes, Kale is my favorite veggie to put in smoothies.

And you should buy fresh fruit and freeze them yourself because the pre-package frozen fruits still have preservatives in them. Plus I was reading the Book "Living on Live Food" by Alissa Cohen and she recommended that you don't use frozen unless it is organic with no sugar added. To save money buying fresh, I go to a farmers market near me. They have the best fruits for half than what you would pay at the store even Walmart. If you can find one near you, check it out, they are great!!

Buying a CSA share is also a great way to save on fruits and veggies and you can often pick your share up at the local farmer's market while you shop for whatever wasn't in your box that week.
  • iLose2Gain
    Options
    Wow, I just did a google search for CSA share (sorry I did know what it was :laugh: ) and I like this idea. They even have an online subscription where you can order produce and have it delivered to you! I like that idea although those subscriptions are a little more, saves on time and gas. Thanks for the info!! :happy:
  • aymie24
    Options
    Wow, I just did a google search for CSA share (sorry I did know what it was :laugh: ) and I like this idea. They even have an online subscription where you can order produce and have it delivered to you! I like that idea although those subscriptions are a little more, saves on time and gas. Thanks for the info!! :happy:

Have you checked out localharvest.org? It might be the single best resource for fresh produce and CSA info. Good luck!
  • iLose2Gain
    Options
    Yes, I checked out Localharvest.org. It was the first link when I did my google search. I am going to do more research and find out what exactly I will get with my subscription and make sure it will provide the produce I need and use most. But I am definitely interested in getting involved, this seems like the way to go. I may still go to the farmers market though, I just like going....lol!