Do you ever wish you could get plastic surgery?

Options
d2footballJRC
d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
Do you ever look in the mirror and think, wow I wish I could change this or that. I do from time to time then I tell myself I'm just being vain. It drives my SO insane because some days it's pretty bad. Fix my droopy eye lid, shave my chin bone a bit, botox the wrinkles in my forehead, I already fear I'm going to have to have a tummy tuck for excess skin... ARGH... Just gives me a headache thinking about it.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Yes! I want my big boobs back -.-
  • TheTonyPony
    Options
    Every single day! But I was born the way I am for a reason, if everyone changed themselves through surgery we'd all wind up looking like barbie and ken! I'm the way I am, and I have to love that.
  • I am obsessed with a little vertical wrinkle between my eyes that seems to be getting deeper...happens when I'm driving and squinting from the sun. I'm convinced a little Juva-derm would fix that right up!!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I never did.... u ntil I lost weight. Now, the only way to get rid of 20lbs of extra skin on my stomach is a tummy tuck.
    I also miss my boobies -- now they are droopy and I have a turkey neck. Losing weight is great -- but these are side effects I did not anticipate --- I guess it's always something isn't it!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    The point isn't to be perfect, its to be the best version of you. Corny, cheesy, whatever- I know. But its still true. You can try chasing perfection and end up looking like Michael Jackson or you can embrace that droopy eye as something that gives you character and remind yourself that botox is for insecure middle aged women.

I do understand wanting to remove excess skin after a massive loss though. That becomes more of a physical problem than straight up vanity.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Strangely...no. I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't mind. I actually really like myself a lot anyway.
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    Options
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I thought about it and then a few things happened.

My friend passed away recently. :flowerforyou:

She was born with cancer on her face and was the most beautiful woman I have ever known. She lived her 62 (YES 62 years!) like each day were her last. She was kind and caring and I strive to be a tenth of the loving human being she was. 1/2 her face worked on so many times it was obvious she had surgery. But that is what made her who she was. I will wear my wrinkles and be proud for her!

My kids said they hope I will never feel the need to alter my face, they like it the way it is.:love:

MFP peeps said I looked 10 yrs younger than I am :wink:

That is why I look in the mirror and remind myself I yam what I yam:drinker:
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    NO! I had a breast reduction 4 years ago for health reasons. Now I can stand up straight! Other than that? NO! Not worth the money, recovery time, any of that in my opinion! I'm hoping that stays will me as I age as well. I don't plan on ever getting botox or dying my hair either. Part of being healthy, for me, is loving myself. I don't care if people say my nose is big (as in wide) I think its perfect, looks like my grandmother's did. I have her body type too. It may not be my ideal, but its my grandmother's and I love it just the same.

I'm hoping to age gracefully and never want any surgery. I've needed 3 surgeries in my life and I hope to never go under the knife again.
    My kids said they hope I will never feel the need to alter my face, they like it the way it is.love

MFP peeps said I looked 10 yrs younger than I am :wink:

That is why I look in the mirror and remind myself I yam what I yam:drinker:
  • christybrooker
    Options
    I want my nose straightened. I broke it years ago and it's been crooked ever since. I also would like under my chin done but I'm hoping that will go away by itself with the next ten pounds. I'm sure when I start to get more wrinkles I'll do something about it.
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Not surgery but perfect skin!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Big boobies will be mine again.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I've always wondered what is the health benefits to getting a tummy tuck to lose the excess skin?
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I got so big on one leg, my left leg, has a large fatty deposit on it, and the left side of my hips has it too. They stick out an extra 2 to 3 inches than my right side. My Dr. says it is just fat and not anything else and I can keep lowing my fat%, but in the end I may have to have them removed through lipo. Other than that I feel that I am supposed to have a bit of tummy and my arms are a bit flabby but its ok. I don't care.
    I am beautiful, I just feel that those two things are things I wasn't born with and really look weird.
    I am going to try to get rid of them through lowering my fat% and increasing my lean body mass. If they are not gone after 6 to 12 months then I am giving in and getting liop.

Wish me luck!
  • ETC80
    ETC80 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I say if you want it, go for it.

If you have the money and recovery time, and the positives outweigh the negatives (in you opinion), why not?

As long as you're reasonable about the results and don't take it to an extreme, I say do it.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Not surgery but perfect skin!

I have psoriasis so I totally understand this. Thanks for Stelara I have pretty smooth skin again.
  • raw_sugar
    Options
    I'm pretty dead-set against unnecessary surgery for myself, although I have thought about how nice it would be to have all the scarring and discoloration and varicose veins on my legs fixed (the veins, at this point, are just ugly but not a medical issue). I'd rather just cover it up with tattoos though than do laser surgery (although I haven't had the guts to do this either.. I'm too fond of wearing skirts at work)

I used to say I wouldn't color my hair either, I'd go gray naturally, but when I said that I was anticipating going grey in my 40s or so, not in my early 20s. Plus I like coloring my hair, it's fun.

But yeah.. small boobs (or slightly-below-average), cellulite-y thighs, stretchmarked tummy. These are me. These are things I've always had, or if I haven't I have earned them. I'm not one to strive for perfection, just an improved version of myself, sans surgery.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I want a neck lift bc everyone on my dad's side of the family has a horrible turkey neck; just straight down from their chin, swinging back and forth. ugh ugh ugh.

My neck has been getting worse the last 5 years, and I even went for a consult. $8000 bucks! My husband was like, ya . . . no.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Boobs. I want new boobs. Weight loss + 2 kids killed mine. :ohwell: 2012 or 2013 my wish will be granted, tho. That's the only plastic surgery I wish for...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I just wanna like my boobs. Never really have. But it's still a big maybe.

And I promise I won't ask for prayers....