Anybody else on Nardil?

Options
I have just started taking Nardil and have been given all the pamphlets on what foods and medications that are prohibited while taking it.

I would be very interested in hearing other people's experiences and how you manage the dietry restrictions.

Fortunately I do not drink alcohol at all nor eat red meat so some thing will be easy to avoid like salami and beer!

Hopefully I have put this post in the right place!

Thanks in advance folks!

Replies

• JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    What is Nardil?
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm not on it, but I've heard about it. No Diet Coke, beer, or red meat? Poor you!
  • samntim
    samntim Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sorry, it's an anti-drepressant, I take it for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder...

Taking it involves a lot of dietry and drug conflict awareness. Foods that containe Tyramine are forbidden, these include cheeses, vegemite, chocolate, caffeine... Cold medications, painkillers...

The results can be anything from sweating, heart palpatations, critically high blood pressure, migraines.

If people are taking this type of medication they will most certainly know because they will be aware of the restrictions.

Also, people who suffer badly from migraines are often put on a Tyramine reduced diet.
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's a lot to give up, but if it works for you then it's worth it! Don't focus on the negative, think of how much you'll gain by taking this! You can do it! Hugs!