Eating at 9pm?

Options
2»

Replies

• aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I always have a small snack at bedtime :-)
  • christina000
    Options
    I aways eat yogurt before bed if I am hungry. Its good for the digestive tract, and always settles my hunger. Not sure if its good for you though, weightloss wise.
  • davejlee
    davejlee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's a myth that you burn more calories during the day than when sleeping?

I would argue that overall calorie deficit is not the only thing that matters. If that's the case, then eating 1200 cals/day of ice cream should produce the same results as eating 1200 cals/day of lean meats, fruits and veggies. But that isn't the case.

Care to back up your assertions with actual facts, and not ridiculous strawmen?

Once minimal protein and EFA needs are met, caloric balance is ALL that matters (regarding fat loss).

No need. btw, nice phrase: "ridiculous strawmen". But you proved my point. I was simply saying that caloric deficit is not the ONLY thing that matters, which is what you stated previously.

And perhaps I should have clarified that when I spoke of results, it wasn't simply weight loss.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options

I would argue that overall calorie deficit is not the only thing that matters. If that's the case, then eating 1200 cals/day of ice cream should produce the same results as eating 1200 cals/day of lean meats, fruits and veggies. But that isn't the case.

Once minimal protein and EFA needs are met, caloric balance is ALL that matters (regarding fat loss).

No need. btw, nice phrase: "ridiculous strawmen". But you proved my point. I was simply saying that caloric deficit is not the ONLY thing that matters, which is what you stated previously.

And perhaps I should have clarified that when I spoke of results, it wasn't simply weight loss.

While simultaneously trying to steer the conversation away from your asinine assertion that consuming carbz at night is somehow different from carbs consumed at any other time of day.

Don't believe the fairy tale:

33jjzfa.jpg
  • davejlee
    davejlee Posts: 43 Member
    Options

While simultaneously trying to steer the conversation away from your asinine assertion that consuming carbz at night is somehow different from carbs consumed at any other time of day.

Don't believe the fairy tale:

33jjzfa.jpg

haha. Nice pic.

When I eat carbs during the day does make a difference for me. Among other things it affects my energy levels, hunger satiety and insulin levels.

I find it interesting that you are so quick to judge without knowing my lifestyle, medical conditions and physical goals.