Wobbly, untoned bottom. Advice please.

Options
I'm only 5 ft tall and I have lost just under19 pounds. I now weight 7 stone 3 (101 pounds).
I just went into a clothing shop to celebrate my weight loss and was delighted that UK size 8 jeans now fit me! However, I also got a really good view of my bottom and it wasn't pretty. In fact in many ways it looks worse now than it used to.
I am guilty of having eaten 1200 cals daily since May 15th but I haven't done much exercise at all. My top half is now bony but my bottom and top of thighs need some help.
I am really in need of some help please.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Acsess to a stair climber....I call it the butt blaster!! Also...lots of lunges and squats
  • thinfinityandbeyond
    Options
    I had the same exact problem as you! I started working out seriously a few months ago, and I've seen a HUGE improvement. in the shape and size of my tush. There are several exercises, such as lunges and squats, which make a really amazing difference if you do them properly! Try to get in some cardio every day as well, like walking, jogging, biking, or even dancing around in your bedroom! Essentially, toning the glutes will lift and round your bottom. Let me know how it goes!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lots of squats and lunges, holding weights!
  • madsxx
    madsxx Posts: 12
    Options
    the best thing to do would probably be to try and tone your glutes. that will give you shape and also any muscle you build helps boost your metabolism and burns more calories! i find you tube really good to search for specific exercises and i particularly look for exercises that i can do while i watch tv! that also seems to stop my bad habit of snacking on junk food while watching tv. hope that might help!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    i don't know what to tell you...I climb stairs...do step up and box jumps a few times a week and have done enough squats and lunge type exercises until my knees hurt...I have ran a marathon last weekend...I know that doesn't build a butt but mine shouldn't wiggle...it is flat and concave and jiggly....I am pretty fit and I just have a stupid *kitten*.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of power walking so i would suggest that to you and try and find somewhere you can walk uphill and up stairs too.

Oh and well done on your weight loss

Rich
  • Heidiwarwick
    Heidiwarwick Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice so far. Concave...yes that describes mine in places and it just looks huge and odd compared with the rest of me. I just look so out of proportion. :(
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    i don't know what to tell you...I climb stairs...do step up and box jumps a few times a week and have done enough squats and lunge type exercises until my knees hurt...I have ran a marathon last weekend...I know that doesn't build a butt but mine shouldn't wiggle...it is flat and concave and jiggly....I am pretty fit and I just have a stupid *kitten*.
    Ahhh This. I have pretty muscular and toned legs and arms, do a lot of running and spinning throughout the week, and generally am quite fit (all things considered)... I've love about 70lbs and the bottom of my bottom is, well, less than beach body material. And yes, I'm 24 years old. No excuses for it really - it just is what it is! Good luck...
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    lots of squats and lunges, holding weights!

Lots of them.