Spin Class..I'm scared

Options
2»

Replies

• pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Knees, not so much. But butt and quads, so much.

But it really is worth it for me. I think you might really enjoy it.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    What about your knees?? Do they hurt? Is it not smart for me to do if my knees tend to hurt or do you think it will strengthen them??

It will help strengthen them without the impact of some other cardio workouts. Just watch your speed when you are at a low resistance... if you go too fast, you can hurt your knees.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Try it!!!

But definitely give it a few classes before making up your mind. You are probably going to hate it after the first time. :laugh:

Then I bet you'll be an addict. :drinker:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    What about your knees?? Do they hurt? Is it not smart for me to do if my knees tend to hurt or do you think it will strengthen them??

It will help strengthen them without the impact of some other cardio workouts. Just watch your speed when you are at a low resistance... if you go too fast, you can hurt your knees.

Exactly, your knees should never point outwards...if they do, you need to add resistance.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Go a few minutes early to get your bike set up. You will love it. I just got home from one and feel great so now I am going for a run/walk with the dog!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Exactly, your knees should never point outwards...if they do, you need to add resistance.

welll...it depends on what you are doing:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

What ever could you mean, Dave? :indifferent:
  • caralhill
    Options
    I was apprehensive at first as well- it always seems so intense when you hear about it. And it is! But it's also SO much fun. It's challenging and kicks your *kitten*, but never gets boring. I love the sprints the best. :-)
  • tashjs21
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In Spin class Dave..spin class. :devil:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In Spin class Dave..spin class. :devil:

spin her around and throw her down

that kind of spin class?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    If it was that kind of spin class, I wouldn't have been late to mine this morning! :laugh:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

spin her around and throw her down

that kind of spin class?
    [/quote]

Uh...kinda crossing a line here...at least for me.

In other, non-innuendo news, I was inspired by this post and hit up a spin class tonight. I was kinda intimidated and took lots of breaks but there's no denying it is a GREAT workout! I burned 600 calories in an hour and I feel amazing!