What HRM do you use?

Options
Hello MFP family!

I am looking into getting my first HRM...my question to you is:

What brand/model would you recommend? (if there is a "Why" please include that as well!)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Bumped to follow
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just started using Polar FT4. I like it so far and the HR and cal count seem very close to what MFP and my ipod nike+ thing say.
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    polar ft4.. its awesome
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You'll probably see 75% of posts here will point you to Polar. I recently got the FT40 and I love it. Any Polar will be pretty good.
  • barste
    barste Posts: 4
    Options
    major problems with polar. Look at polar forums, act up all the time not capturing heart signal
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I just got my Polar FT7 and it's great. Got it on Amazon for about $85. Highly recommend getting a HRM. I was over estimating my exercise calories. And now I don't stress about over working my heart.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    major problems with polar. Look at polar forums, act up all the time not capturing heart signal

Polar FT4- amazing

If people are having heart signal problems with their polar there are lots of forums on why- its likly not being cleaned right! I had issues with the heart signal and it was my error not the product! With any chest strap you need to ensure you clean it the correct way!
  • scottshaffer
    Options
    You can't go wrong with a Polar. Any model will do a good job of reading your heart rate. It all depends on what you want to spend for the different features. The newest Polar's have a easy to replace battery on both the wrist monitor and the WearLink transmitter. Make sure you get a strap that fits around your chest right.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and love it!

It tells me calories burned, workout info, helps me target my heart rate, tells me what "zone" I'm in, etc. A whole bunch of stuff!

It is easy to use, which is important since I can be gadget impaired.

It is easy to take care of.

The Polar customer service is great! They were very helpful when I had to send it in for repair not too long after getting it. They sent it back super fast and with a new chest strap and a few new parts. They sent me back a summary sheet of what they tested and they did a full workup and fixed things not even related to my complaint! Best of all, it was fully covered and I didn't pay a dime! :D

It is red (my favorite color). I know that's a lame reason, but I do like it!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options

If people are having heart signal problems with their polar there are lots of forums on why- its likly not being cleaned right! I had issues with the heart signal and it was my error not the product! With any chest strap you need to ensure you clean it the correct way!

This. I was not cleaning mine correctly either (oops), which is part of the reason why I think they sent me a new chest strap. Make sure you read the online manual and such for the care instructions!
  • hersheygirl09
    hersheygirl09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    New Balance N4. it's really easy to use, comfortable to wear and accurate. and it's not that expensive.
  • gabby421
    gabby421 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY SIGMA PC15..NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT...AND IT REALLY HELPED ME LOOSE WEIGHT..i think you will really enjoy your heart rate monitor what ever brand you choose...
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Polar and Garmin are the most popular brand. A chest strap will be the most accurate. If you work out in a gym, make sure the HRM is coded so it will not pick up the signal of a person close to you.
  • littlemisskitty24
    Options
    I love my garmin forerunner, as you can use it indoors, outdoors and track calories and distance. Is a little pricey but I got mine on Amazon for half the price. I love a gadget
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    polar ft7 - I love it, Comfortable, easy to use- I don't need any other fandangles for what I do, I have never had a single problem with signal drop out - it has worked perfectly from the day it arrived.
    :happy: