How can i stay 1200 and not going over? please help

Options

Replies

• babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply. Tomorrow I will have a bowl of oatmeal with fruits cut inside. hopdully i wont be hungry. then if i am i got some strawberrys for snack. lunch mm mabe some hummus with veggies. Or maybe a salad. I will see what i have in the fridge lol. Not sure what to make for dinner. Thank you all. I felt bad that i went over my 1200 today. You are all a big help. Thanks so much.
  • jelliebean83
    Options
    People tend to consume a lot of calories with liquids. Doesn't matter if it is fruit juice or milk, they both add calories to your diet. I drink tap water with crystal light. Diet drinks. I am lactose intolerant so I don't really drink milk. For coffee and tea I use twin sugar. Some people say that artificial sweeteners are not healthy for you but it works for me. That would be the most apparent thing I have learned in my own diet struggles. I would eat my meals and have them perfectly match with my daily calorie allowance, but I would totally blank on what I drank. Serving size is another problem people face too. I remember the days when I would have 3 eggs, 6 slices of bacon and 2 slices of toast. And it seemed like such a normal serving to me. Now, I have my morning coffee, with a nutri-grain bar and fat free yogurt and I am good till lunch. It just takes time to adjust to smaller servings. As far as activity goes, I do a lot of walking. I walk home from school everyday, when I first started it took me almost an hour, now it can do it in about 40 minutes. I use the stairs every time instead of the elevator. I am still not quite ready for running yet, but my 5 day a week walk home is becoming easier and faster to do. So don't give up and keep pushing yourself.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Thanks so much hun for the tip. Im trying its sooo hard not to eat. I do hope to loose and get some fit on my tummy.
  • KelleyJoL
    KelleyJoL Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I fix my plate for the meal, then save half of it for my snack. Eating more frequently helps me eat less, as long as the snack is well planned.
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Instead of just going off the MyFitnessPal calorie suggestion, find out your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate-- what your body needs to function) and TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure-- what you typically burn in a normal day). If you do a search in the forums, you will likely find lots of great resources. That will help you get a better idea of how many calores you need to function (BMR) and how many you need to maintain your current weight (TDEE). Once you have those numbers, you can figure out what the best deficit is for you (i.e. -500/day= 1 pound a week).
    When I first signed up, my suggested calories was 1500. Then I found out my BMR is 1470... so 1500 was way too low for for my body to feel good and unrealistic for me in the long term.
    It's worth looking into at least.
    Best of luck!
  • cyaskanich
    Options
    You should really drink even more water. If you aren't really a water drinker you have a good start though. You know that you have consumed enough water when your pee is clear and you spend more time in the bathroom, lol. On a serious note take half of your body weight and change the lbs to oz. and that is how much water you should have per day. For example, I weigh 170 lbs. I should drink 85 oz. of water per day. Also remember if you are ever hungry always opt for fruits and veggies! You can never have enough. As for a late night snack, I eat Oikos greek yogurt. If you get the vanilla you can add things to it. I added a few chocolate chips to mine tonight. I know that this isn't the healthiest with the chocolate chips but it was a better choice than the ice cream my husband was having. Greek yogurt is packed with protein and very yummy! Good luck!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    my base calories is 1200 and I usually earn 300-500 more with exercise. Not finding it too hard at all. I eat huge meals - with lots of fresh salad and veges to bulk it up and make me feel full.... I do find that oats with fruit in the morning is the best starter for me.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Mmm good idea thanks. I will try that.

Sometimes I fix my plate for the meal, then save half of it for my snack. Eating more frequently helps me eat less, as long as the snack is well planned.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    ok i went on a website where i can find my BMR and it says this. You have a BMR of 1241.6. My TDEE its says 1699. I dont wnat to loose too much weight couse i am TIny im 4 feet 8 and im 33 years old. I am tiny everywhere just my belly. :( My wii fit says im NOrmal weight lol But I just want to loose my belly fat and eat healthy and not gain more again. I have gain and my wii fit said I did aswell. I know i did couse i cant go up the stairs like i did before my asthma gets to me.

so 124.6 and 1699 what you think?
    Instead of just going off the MyFitnessPal calorie suggestion, find out your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate-- what your body needs to function) and TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure-- what you typically burn in a normal day). If you do a search in the forums, you will likely find lots of great resources. That will help you get a better idea of how many calores you need to function (BMR) and how many you need to maintain your current weight (TDEE). Once you have those numbers, you can figure out what the best deficit is for you (i.e. -500/day= 1 pound a week).
    When I first signed up, my suggested calories was 1500. Then I found out my BMR is 1470... so 1500 was way too low for for my body to feel good and unrealistic for me in the long term.
    It's worth looking into at least.
    Best of luck!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    I dont drink alot of water and that a big problem sometimes. I just get sick when i drink alot of water. today i will try and drink 4 of the 500ml bottles so that would make 8 cups of water i guess? I drank 3 bottles yesterday and i could not stop going to the bathroom ololol I have not weight my self last time i did i was 110 and thats a while ago. yeterday My wii fit said i have gain weight so not sure how much is that. I didnt have time to check my weight. I will today. Im greek so we got tons of greek yogurts here. 5 years ago my mom passed away from lung cancer so now i take care of my grandma and she LOVESSSSS eating yogurt maybe i should sit down and eat with her a bowl lol Thanks so much hun.
    You should really drink even more water. If you aren't really a water drinker you have a good start though. You know that you have consumed enough water when your pee is clear and you spend more time in the bathroom, lol. On a serious note take half of your body weight and change the lbs to oz. and that is how much water you should have per day. For example, I weigh 170 lbs. I should drink 85 oz. of water per day. Also remember if you are ever hungry always opt for fruits and veggies! You can never have enough. As for a late night snack, I eat Oikos greek yogurt. If you get the vanilla you can add things to it. I added a few chocolate chips to mine tonight. I know that this isn't the healthiest with the chocolate chips but it was a better choice than the ice cream my husband was having. Greek yogurt is packed with protein and very yummy! Good luck!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    thats my breakfast today OATMEAL :)
    my base calories is 1200 and I usually earn 300-500 more with exercise. Not finding it too hard at all. I eat huge meals - with lots of fresh salad and veges to bulk it up and make me feel full.... I do find that oats with fruit in the morning is the best starter for me.
  • Peitilo
    Peitilo Posts: 10
    Options
    There are different types of calories the thing is to eat as healthy as you can. I personally am blessed with the ability to be able to eat tuna straight from the can. There are other little things like eating slower and smaller portions as well. If you ever want to talk about the eating habits that I use send me a message. Good Luck!!
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm on medifast so I'm staying between 950-1200 cals / day. Some things I've learned to do.

- Read the labels on everything you buy. Some thing that you think would be ok, like oatmeal and yogurt, they can add ALot of sugars to.
    - DelAllo makes a fat free all natural marinara that also happens to be low carb. I've used it in many different types of recipes.
    - Plain greek yogurt (chobani or fage) is a great substitute for sour cream. Add your own fresh fruit and stevia if you need some sweetness.
    - Mix plain greek yogurt with chunky salsa for a good salad dressing.
    - Get "plain" meat, ie no breadings, no marinades, trimmed of fat.
    - Jennie-O lean ground turkey is a wonderful substitution for ground beef. Though extra lean ground beef is just fine too, but $$.
    - Simply Organic all purpose seasoning is a staple now, i use it in all sorts of things.
    - You need healthy fats! don't stint on these, people make the mistake of cutting out too much fat and hurting themselves.
    - Add Low fat laughing cow wedges at the end of a recipe for a nice creaming flavoring.
    - Julienne zucchini (outer flesh only) Makes a great pasta substitution. And it's pretty too.
    - To learn about what foods are really good for you check out http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php .
    - If you want to find recipes do a google search on "Lean and green recipes". You'll find alot of medifast related sites, but these are mostly recipes that emphasize low fat, low carb lean protein dishes.
    - Liquid egg whites make an easy low cal breakfast.

For my daughter who is trying to slim down I've gotten
    - Tomas' whole wheat bagel thins, only 100 calories
    - Aunt millies Light whole grain bread, only 35 calories! a slice.
    - Chocolite protien bars - 100 calories pretty balanced for carb/fat/protien with added nutrients - great mid morning snack
    - Muscle milk light - 100 calories nutrient enriched protein ready to drink shake. Sam's club carries these.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Im trying its sooo hard not to eat.

That's because you're starving yourself. Have a snack.
  • Jeaniece1
    Jeaniece1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It can be difficult, but doable. I got a plan from my trainer. Mine plan fluctuates between 1181 and 1300. Here is what a typical 1200 calorie day looks like for me. The biggest key for me is to weigh everything.

Breakfast
    1/2 c blueberries, raw
    1 cup skim milk
    1 pack plain oatmeal
    Total: 222.32 calories

AM Snack
    1 slice whole wheat bread
    6 oz Greek Yogurt
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    Total: 265 calories

Lunch
    3 oz chicken breast
    1 medium salad with tomato
    2 tbsp salad dressing
    1 cup Progresso Healthy Classics Vegetable Soup
    Total: 270.42 calories

PM Snack
    1/2 c strawberries, raw
    1 vitamuffin brownie
    Total: 124.32 calories

Dinner
    1 tbsp BBQ sauce
    1 c broccoli (no salt)
    3 oz chicken breast
    1 small salad with tomato
    2 tbsp salad dressing
    Total: 241.02 calories

Evening Snack
    1/2 c ice cream
    Total: no more than 100 calories

Grand total: 1223.08 calories

Hope that helps.........
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    I also like tuna and chopped onions and lemon! Im a lemon lover. Sure Id love to know more :)
    There are different types of calories the thing is to eat as healthy as you can. I personally am blessed with the ability to be able to eat tuna straight from the can. There are other little things like eating slower and smaller portions as well. If you ever want to talk about the eating habits that I use send me a message. Good Luck!!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Thank so much hun for all this info! Its a big help :)
    I'm on medifast so I'm staying between 950-1200 cals / day. Some things I've learned to do.

- Read the labels on everything you buy. Some thing that you think would be ok, like oatmeal and yogurt, they can add ALot of sugars to.
    - DelAllo makes a fat free all natural marinara that also happens to be low carb. I've used it in many different types of recipes.
    - Plain greek yogurt (chobani or fage) is a great substitute for sour cream. Add your own fresh fruit and stevia if you need some sweetness.
    - Mix plain greek yogurt with chunky salsa for a good salad dressing.
    - Get "plain" meat, ie no breadings, no marinades, trimmed of fat.
    - Jennie-O lean ground turkey is a wonderful substitution for ground beef. Though extra lean ground beef is just fine too, but $$.
    - Simply Organic all purpose seasoning is a staple now, i use it in all sorts of things.
    - You need healthy fats! don't stint on these, people make the mistake of cutting out too much fat and hurting themselves.
    - Add Low fat laughing cow wedges at the end of a recipe for a nice creaming flavoring.
    - Julienne zucchini (outer flesh only) Makes a great pasta substitution. And it's pretty too.
    - To learn about what foods are really good for you check out http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php .
    - If you want to find recipes do a google search on "Lean and green recipes". You'll find alot of medifast related sites, but these are mostly recipes that emphasize low fat, low carb lean protein dishes.
    - Liquid egg whites make an easy low cal breakfast.

For my daughter who is trying to slim down I've gotten
    - Tomas' whole wheat bagel thins, only 100 calories
    - Aunt millies Light whole grain bread, only 35 calories! a slice.
    - Chocolite protien bars - 100 calories pretty balanced for carb/fat/protien with added nutrients - great mid morning snack
    - Muscle milk light - 100 calories nutrient enriched protein ready to drink shake. Sam's club carries these.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    The more you exercise, the more you can eat!

Some people, myself including when i just don't feel like it, exercise purely so they can eat more!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    In the morning i made oatmeal and i could not finish in all so what ever was left i had it for snack :))
    Im trying its sooo hard not to eat.

That's because you're starving yourself. Have a snack.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    WOW thanks hun, This is a big help and gives me some idea what to eat :)
    It can be difficult, but doable. I got a plan from my trainer. Mine plan fluctuates between 1181 and 1300. Here is what a typical 1200 calorie day looks like for me. The biggest key for me is to weigh everything.

Breakfast
    1/2 c blueberries, raw
    1 cup skim milk
    1 pack plain oatmeal
    Total: 222.32 calories

AM Snack
    1 slice whole wheat bread
    6 oz Greek Yogurt
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    Total: 265 calories

Lunch
    3 oz chicken breast