Hey everyone!

Options
Well This is just a beginning step for me. I am just looking around at different sites and getting my self set up for losing weight! I have been overweight my whole life, I am about 300lbs and I can not stand it anymore. I have been miserable with myself, and my weight seems to hold me back from being happy and doing things I love. I am 23 years old, I have a 2 1/2 year old son and am married. I know that losing weight is a long hard process. I have been on and off of losing weight, I do great for a few months and then I stop because something comes up. I need to stop making excuses, and just do it! I could use all the support, advice, anything that I could get to help me get down to a healthy weight, which for me would be about 160-170!

Replies

• angelak08
    Options
    Well This is just a beginning step for me. I am just looking around at different sites and getting my self set up for losing weight! I have been overweight my whole life, I am about 300lbs and I can not stand it anymore. I have been miserable with myself, and my weight seems to hold me back from being happy and doing things I love. I am 23 years old, I have a 2 1/2 year old son and am married. I know that losing weight is a long hard process. I have been on and off of losing weight, I do great for a few months and then I stop because something comes up. I need to stop making excuses, and just do it! I could use all the support, advice, anything that I could get to help me get down to a healthy weight, which for me would be about 160-170!
  • lanasgurl
    lanasgurl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is an awesome site and lots of support and advice on here. Just set your mind that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet....seems to help me anyway. Just think of what you are teaching your son, whether it be healthy or unhealthy eating habits. I never realized I was hurting anyone else but myself by my eating habits and on & off again dieting patterns until I stopped and looked at my 14yr old daughter who was up to 250 #'s and VERY unhappy. By changing your eating and exercise habits now you have the opportunity to enstill those healthy habits in your son at an early age.

Best Wishes!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    welcome to MFP, I know you will love this site... I do it is very supportive, encougaging, motivating, ect ect ect.. I am also over 300, actually I was 327 the begining of Feb and I am down to 303 as of Friday.. I have lost 14 pounds since I started MFP and 24 total... I beleive it is a lifestyle change.. and sometimes its not easy but if you set you mind to it you will do Great... I can tell you that I go to the gym everyday Sunday thru Saturday.. and I watch everything I eat I count every calorie.. I only eat no more then 1800 calories a day.. and I do NOT eat my excersice caloris..

Good luck in you weight loss journey we are all in this together..

Sheila
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: