Which protein powder would you recomend?

Options
I need to buy a protein powder, I want something really good, thanks!

Replies

• Franticantics
    Options
    Phd Diet whey is amaaazing!
    It tastes great, is low carb and low calorie and really high protein.
    I highly recommend it, especially for women.
    x
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition. My absolute favorite.

check online for good flavors. I like chocolate mint (tastes like girl scout cookies) mocha cappuccino and blueberry.

bodybuilding.com is where i order from
  • vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    my favorite is GNC 100% whey protein, chocolate flavored. 20g protein per scoop and only 5g carbs. :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    "Whey to Go"- it's delicious!
  • kewlchik
    Options
    I use the one that's endorsed by The Biggest Loser. It might taste a tad plain when mixed with water, but each scoop has only 50 calories, 6g of protein, and 6g of fiber. It will fill you up, and it tastes even better when mixed with nonfat milk.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Phd Diet whey is amaaazing!
    It tastes great, is low carb and low calorie and really high protein.
    I highly recommend it, especially for women.
    x

I use that too. It's great. So yummy mixed with fage greek yoghurt and mashed banana. Probably my favourite thing to eat!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein in Vanilla! I get the HUGE SIZE at Sams :)
  • netty129
    Options
    I purchase Beverly International. It is a little more expensive than other brands, but it is definitely worth it!! Both the chocolate and vanilla are amazing!!!! They also have cookies and cream but I have not tried that. You can also get some deals on it once and awhile with the company.
  • Slugsasarus
    Slugsasarus Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've uesd the EAS Soy protein which is 180 calories and 20 grams of protein per scoop, which is a pretty good calories to protein ratio, but it has a lot of sugar. Lately I've been into these protein shots (they come in these test tube looking containters and you can get them at Meijer) and they're 180 calories, 0 sugar, and 42 grams of protein. Don't taste the best but it's just a few sips and it's easy because there's no mixing or refrigeration needed!
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Honestly, all the ones from walmart work really well. When I was solely building muscle I used Six Star Pro Nutrition Proffessional Strength WheyProtein PlusElite series. It gave me excellent results. And I think its $18 for a whole tub. Does wonders for me after my trapeze/aerial silk training...little to no soreness.
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    My protein have the best range of flavours! Coming up second would be phd but they are more expensive and don't taste as good.
  • Melinda91
    Melinda91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels Whey Protein Powder Vanilla cream flavor! Its awesome when you mix it with fruit!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Definitely Optimum Nutrition. Their Extreme Milk Chocolate tastes like chocolate milk to me (even just with water). I use two scoops of that in the morning and at night and get 96 grams of protein a day from it. Makes it much, much easier to hit that 200 marker each day.
  • schaacker
    schaacker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein in Vanilla Ice Cream! Makes your smoothies taste so good :)

It has 23 grams of protein for only 110 calories and 2 carbs per scoop.
  • brice02
    brice02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use Muscle Gain from Advocare! So does my son (football player)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    muscle milk, cookies n creme

its the only one that doesnt make me nauseous
  • janetksc
    janetksc Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use the Syntax Nectar, Lemonade flavor, it has 90 cals, no carbs and 23 protein. I tend to take protein like medicine though. As long as I can swallow it, it works..lol. Tried an orange flavor of the same brand. Hated it!. Gave it away!
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that muscle milk is the MOST horrible thing I have ever tasted!!! DO NOT buy Muscle Milk. It doesn't dissolve and is all chunky. It makes me want to throw up (unfortunatelly I bought a big tub of it)
    I love EAS Whey protein in chocolate, 130 calories 23 grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar. It is wonderful and dissolves nicely even when I dont have my blender.

Happy shopping!!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Definitely Optimum Nutrition. Their Extreme Milk Chocolate tastes like chocolate milk to me (even just with water). I use two scoops of that in the morning and at night and get 96 grams of protein a day from it. Makes it much, much easier to hit that 200 marker each day.

yes! their chocolate is delish!
  • warren1990
    Options
    100% Whey from Mucsle Milk. buy from Costco, its $36 for 6lbs or 80 servings. 130 calories, 1g sugar 27g protien per scoop!

i like to mix it with flax seed to gain extra omega-3 and fiber

I make several cups at a time in a large blender and to add some extra flavor *kitten* in a small amount of a Crystal Lite packet then place left overs in fridg for a after work out drink.