HELP......How many lbs???

Hi all, I have just been wondering how many pounds it takes for you to actually notice in the mirror. I am 5.5 and weighed 175ish and now I weight 162lbs I take a size 14 (UK size) and I am just wanting to get an idea when I will notice the difference, also I am loosing 2lbs a week if that gives you more idea about my weight loss! Any comment to give me a rough idea, as I don't want to loose motivation as I am not seeing a difference!! Thanks xx

Replies

• I think it just depends on your body type.

I dropped 20 lbs over the last year or 2 and my gmama swears i look the same xD
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    ^^ I agree it really depends. I have dropped almost 20# in the last month and I cant see it at all but other people do. I think it doesent matter as long as you feel better and your clothes fit better.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    It's pretty psychological. I didn't see it after 40lbs lost, but my size had completely changed.

Either way... You're absolutely gorgeous!
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Take pictures once/month.

Fat loss is a gradual process, so it's difficult to notice the change when you look at yourself every day.
  • When you see yourself all the time it's hard to see gradual changes like 1-2lbs a week, just like you really couldn't see yourself grow when you were younger. Maybe try measuring your waist, hips, chest, thighs, and arms with a measuring tape every few weeks. If you are losing weight consistently you should notice a decrease in inches in those areas. In all reality inches is what you want to change not necessarily a number on the scale.

Or...try not to analyze yourself in the mirror for as long as you can, like a month or something. Make it a game. I bet you would see a difference then. The point is don't give up! Keep going, sounds like your doing great! :)
  • AdrienneinTO
    AdrienneinTO Posts: 111 Member
    Depends on the person/body type. I am also 5'5", and started on MFP at 164 lb and size 12 or 14. I had only lost about 7 lb when people I know started doing double-takes, but I was the same size in clothes. I dropped to size 10 at the low 150s.Around the mid-140s I got to a size 8.

The mirror is another issue altogether. As silly as it sounds, I look in the mirror and see the same me as before, despite going down over 20 lb and 3 sizes. :(
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    It's pretty psychological. I didn't see it after 40lbs lost, but my size had completely changed.

Either way... You're absolutely gorgeous!
    so glad Im not the only one! The have been a size 8-10 most of my life and now I wear 4-6. Lost about 20 #. Even today (4 months after I bought them) I went to put on a size 4 and thought to myself...why does this company make clothes so big for their size? I seriously think to myself that the company's sizes must run big...bc thats the only way I would be able to fit into a 4? Its all mental. And its hard to track changes on your own body since you see it everday. I would suggest taking photos...you will see differnces and it will help to motivate you!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 610 Member
    I first noticed it at about 30 lbs down. But I'm 57 down now with only 23 to go and sometimes I still struggle to see it. Yesterday I made a point of digging out an old before picture of myself and had my mom take a picture of me as I am now. Looking at the pictures really helped me put it into perspective. I was loosing 2-3 lbs per week for about the first 6 months but now have adjusted down to 1-1.5 lbs per week as I get closer to my goal weight.
  • laurenduck05
    laurenduck05 Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you to everyone who has commented, all of your comments have really helped me! Thanks!
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    I've lost about 10 lbs, but very slowly. I notice that my jeans fit better (one pair is even very loose, wahoo!). I don't see much of a change otherwise.

But I recently saw a friend who said she thought I looked much thinner since she last saw me (a few months earlier). So even if I can't see a difference, other people can.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    It depends on your body type. It took about 15lbs before I dropped a size and then about 5-10lbs per size after that for me.