Ladies--What do you feel like after taking Midol!?

Options
CrystalFlury
CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
I've noticed every time I take Midol to relieve a cramp on my period I wait for it to hit my system and BAM I feel like a walking slinky/jittery. Am I the only who who feels this way?! My boyfriend has joked around saying there's no need to get me drunk, just take a dose of Midol! The only thing I can come up with is it's the muscle relaxer/caffeine working.

Anyone else feel the same way?!

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    What do I feel like? I feel like I'm no longer in pain, is what.

Maybe you're reacting to the caffeine?
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    i feel like a dinosaur
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I just feel less cranky. Hmmm, where's the Midol? ::searches everywhere::
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Nothing, those are like placebos to me.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I don't feel any more pain or blah feeling, LOL. I love my Midol!!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I really need to get some of that...could have really used it yesterday!!! :devil: LOL
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I use to get nauseaus (sp?) So, I don't take it anymore
  • CrystalFlury
    Options
    Nothing, those are like placebos to me.

I do admit, sometimes I'm honestly not affected by it. If I have REALLY bad cramps I feel it has no effect whatsoever! It's only when I have mild cramps that it makes me feel like this.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't take Midol because I drink and it contains acetaminophen, but I do remember the jittery feeling you refer to. It was nothing like being drunk for me, but I know what you mean. I'm sure it's the caffeine because I get the same feeling if I drink too much caffeine.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I usually try to survive without the aid of pills as I don't like putting chemical craptastic things in my body. . but when I do take something I take Pamprin. .. and I don't feel the way that you are describing. . so perhaps this would work for you as well~:bigsmile: Good luck!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I usually try to survive without the aid of pills as I don't like putting chemical craptastic things in my body. . but when I do take something I take Pamprin. .. and I don't feel the way that you are describing. . so perhaps this would work for you as well~:bigsmile: Good luck!

Pamprin!! That's the stuff I use, not Midol. I don't like Midol. But I don't use medicines either. But if I do it is Pamprin.
  • thirdtime
    Options
    Midol does not do it for me...I tried it so many times and i just does not lessen the pain...
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Wait, there's a muscle relaxer in Midol??? *runs out to buy biggest bottle*
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    what is midol?....lol sounds interesting!
  • CrystalFlury
    Options
    Wait, there's a muscle relaxer in Midol??? *runs out to buy biggest bottle*

My bad, it doesn't haha! Just feels like it does. However, a natural muscle relaxer could be alcohol. Feeling a cramp? Drink something with alcohol-- or at least my boyfriend's mother suggested that to me a while back ;-).
  • CrystalFlury
    Options
    what is midol?....lol sounds interesting!

It's advertised as a medicine to relieve menstrual cramps and everything else that comes with being on your period. I'm sure any other medicine would work well enough (Excedrin, Aspirin) . I have to say, sometimes it seems to work better than your average Tylenol, but other times laying down with a heating pad is better. Just depends.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I don't know what they feel like after taking it, but I learned early on that saying.. GEEZ take a Midol is not a proper way to tell a woman she is cranky.
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    One of my friends pops midol like candyduring her TOM cuz she gets REALLY cranky. It puts her in abetter mood. I only take it if I get really bad cramping or sick feeling (which is not very often).

And to be honest, I've taken it more often to cure a hangover than I have for TOM issues. It works awesome. I actually learned that from a guy friend of mine that would take his girlfriend's midol when he was hungover. I mean it's essentially for the same symptoms right? Works for me.
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I try not to drink coffee if I've taken midol... otherwise my guts are upset even more than before! It does really help decrease my bloating though. Try to stay away from extra caffeine if ya can!
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'd rather take aspirin for cramps so I don't really use Midol that much.

My friend gets super shaky and jittery though. I think it's the caffeine. She doesn't do well with caffeine.