No Beer 'til November

Options
So, I've been stuck for the past month or so, going up and down between the same 2-3 lbs.....so, I've made it my mission to bust this plateau by November...so I'm on a No Beer til November challenge with myself. This is definitly going to be tough since I bartend on weekends and am used to staying for a few after shifters (which usually turns in to a LOT more)...I've already made plans for Friday night that involve me deep cleaning my house....so that will occupy that time....hopefully I can stick with this, cause I really have a 100 pound goal I want to hit by February!

And I'm not just giving up the beer....it's the vodka, whiskey and tequila too......this may be tougher than I thought!

Replies

• Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I actually quit drinking about a month ago? Maybe 3 weeks.

It hasn't made any difference, though I was down to only drinking maybe 3 -4 drinks a week.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    *gasp* you are a better woman than i *says she backing away from the alcohol-free crazy lady* :D
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    and good luck i meant to add..you can do it :)
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    It is tough!! I'm good during the week...then wham. I am making an effort to just drink wine these days though. I tend to "sip" it and drink less. Beer just goes down way too easy :-)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I like this. I think I'm gonna do it too.
  • jimenez0312
    Options
    I think thats great! I like Mikes hard lemondade so I switched to Mikes "Light" hard lemondade. After reading this I will take the challenge with you :) Good Luck!
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    The first couple days are the worst - but its a good change. I know a calorie is a calorie, but those alcohol calories seem to do way more damage than any other calorie.

Good luck -- you'll get through it with no problem - AND have a clean house to boot!!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I did it for 3 weeks in Spring. It's hard as *kitten* for a guy like me...but I got it done. after 2 weeks, you will be feeling incredible.

the first weekend is the worst!

good luck!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    gah! i want and should do this...but can't. i just love it too much. i'm going to try to just drink one night a week? maybe?? lol
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I went from a beer a night to one a week (if that). It didn't make a huge difference but I didn't crave it which was a huge victory for me.

Just my 2 cents, but try eating back more exercise calories. I lose more when I eat back more of what I burn.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    i realize i just sounded like an alcoholic ... right now i just drink on the weekends, with an occasional happy hour thrown in :)
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I think I will try this with you. You and I are at similar weights so maybe that will help. This is going to be so freaking hard. Can we start tomorrow? lmao
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    haha
    same with me, I love my beer (its lite though)
    I have a few during the weekend about few more on the weekends!
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I need to do this too..... Can I add you? I need support....

Good Luck!
  • aguirre04
    Options
    I stopped beer too. I have been doing selser and vodka. usually cherry with a slice of lime. lost 5 lbs in one week.
  • BigBadVooDooBob
    Options
    No beer till November?!?!?!? I'm getting the shakes just thinking about it!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I drink a Wimpy GT (Gin & Tonic) almost every night. It's diet tonic water (Tops brand only), 1/2 lime (squeezed) and 1/2 shot of Bombay Saphire Gin (the good stuff). It's only about 40 calories and I log it first thing in the day if I plan on having one that night so I know there is room for it. It's sad but I really enjoy it and after working 8:15 am -10:30 pm (15 minutes between job) and only one 30 minute break all day, I think I deserve it. For those who say Yuck! Gin & Tonic - until you have had it like this - with this brand of Gin, don't complain. It's amazing!:drinker:
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You all are welcome to join me on this if you want to and feel free to add me for support if you want. I drink a LOT more than I should... I realize that makes me sound like an alcoholic...and on the weekends, I'm a binge drinker......so this is gonna be a biggie. I'm going for a month....which means no beer/alcohol until November 9th for me ...I would like to try to go longer except my brother is coming home from college and we always go out and shoot pool/have beer when he's home. Best of luck to us all! I know I'm gonna need it!
  • knetterk
    knetterk Posts: 107
    Options
    When did you start?? I'm in:) Beer is my weakness!
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a beer since the 13th of October...which I realize is only 5 days...but for me who is a huge weekend drinker, that's big....I was away on a family trip this weekend, so that made it easier to not have any alcohol....however it's these next few weekends that are gonna kill me.....I've gotta have major willpower this Saturday as I work the day shift at the bar and usually stay and drink all night...however, the next two may be a bit easier since I'm working the close shift and I don't drink on shift because I need to stay alert and aware of any situations that may occur...I think the biggest thing for me is going to be when I'm sitting at home on the weekends...bored off my *kitten*...knowing I have a fridge full of wine....I don't keep beer at home because I know all too well that I will sit and drink it constantly....and I won't even go hang out at the bar because I know damn good and well that I will get talked into having a beer.....and then I will be pissed at myself.....
    One of the hugest reasons for me wanting to do this is not just because of the weight loss stall, but also because lately I've been an emotional mess when I have too much to drink....and I don't like that at all.
    So sober I'll be until November 9th! I CAN and WILL do this!
    Best of luck to you all!!!