Tell me about Turbo Jam

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
Just ordered the 5 pack - contains: Learn and burn, 20 minute, turbo sculpt, cardio party, ab jam

anyone have this and what do they think? what are the length of the workouts and how do they fit in their day?
how do they compare with other dvd's like Jillian Michaels, Insanity, P90x?

Replies

• Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Turbo Jam, but a lot of people seem to like it! It's really only about half the length as a P90X or Insanity workout and not nearly as intense.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I loved Chalene. It is different than Jillian because I think Chalene is more upbeat. It is kickboxing whereas Jillian is circuit training. The 20-min workout was my favorite because it was intense but short (which is good when you have 2 babies at home). I usually would do the 20 min workout and the ab workout.

The 20-min workout is just that 20 mins, the learn and burn is like 18 mins, the ab workout is 20 mins, the turbo sculpt is about 40 mins and the cardio party is about 40 mins. I always did mine at night after my babies went to bed (about 8) that is when I always exercise - I am not a morning person.
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump--i'm interested also
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Turbo Jam. It's dance-y with some kickboxing type punches and kicks. Chalene is all sunshine and rainbows, unlike Jillian who scares me. So really it comes down to what motivates you.

Learn and Burn I believe is about 15 minutes long. It is like an instructional video to show you the moves.
    20 Minute Workout is well, 20 minutes. It's a good workout for a quick burn
    Ab Jam is 20 minutes of abs, 10 standing, 10 on the floor
    Turbo Sculpt is some strength training, focusing on core.
    Cardio Party is a 45 minute long burn.

You can do low impact or high to kick up the calorie burn.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is a lot of fun and a good workout... The Cardio Party is about 45 minutes. I never did the learn and burn since I just jump in and go for it when it comes to workout dvds..lol! The 20 minute one is just a shorter version of the cardio party. Turbo sculpt is weights... I haven't done that lately, so don't remember how long it is...thanks for the reminder! I also love Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme.. Chalene is a great instructor and her workouts are awesome!
  • kellybstampin
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE TurboJam! I started with Jillian's 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 back in April/May. I had great results with them. I started TurboJam in September. I actually like TJ better because it never feels like a workout. I always feel like I can do everything and Chalean has a great way of explaining exactly how to do the moves (although Jillian does, too).

My fave is the 20 min workout. I did that every day almost for 3 weeks and saw BIG results! I've been doing Turbo Sculpt which is almost 40 min. One thing impresses me is that you get a really good burn for such a short workout. I haven't been bored with it yet....I got bored with Jillian's after the first 2 weeks.

Good luck and feel free to friend me as a TurboJam buddy!
  • lusilton
    Options
    Its my absolute favorite work out. Not a fan of Jillian Anderson but love Chalene Johnson. You really become addicted to the workout. Even the "long" workout goes by in no time. Its what got me exercising regularly. I've got all the workouts and have been doing them for over a year. I couldn't image life with out it!
  • whit1108
    Options
    I have the cardio party/kickboxing one and LOVE IT!! You get your workout for sure and sweat alot. That one is 45 mins long. I teach a zumba class at the fitness place here in town and LOVE IT!! GREAT workout!! Lots of cardio. You can get those on dvds and that would be another great workout for anyone to try :)
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TURBO JAM! You get out of it what you put into it...the more effort and full body movements you make, the more calories you'll burn! The first time I tried Turbo Jam, I was frustrated because I couldn't get the moves right, but now I'm an old pro & adding my own extra moves as we go! So give it a couple of times. I'm also the "singer" on the video! You'll get what I mean when you do the videos. Start with the Learn & Burn. It will teach you all possible moves that you will do in TJ, just at a slower pace. It's good to walk through it at least the first time. Also, the 20 minute Ab Jam is one of my favorite Ab workouts ever. You will truly feel it! My favorite TJ workout is the 20 minute one because I LOVE the music and moves & the "turbo" in it much better than the 40 minute Cardio Party. So if I only do the 20 minute TJ, then I also do the ab jam and/or a different video with it.
    Also, this is definitely a cardio kickboxing workout, whereas P90X is all strength training and Insanity is intense Cardio. I've tried Insanity once early on in my workout career and have a goal to make it back to it but not yet. It was way above my workout abilities at that point in time. Right now I want to get Turbo Fire which is another Chalene Johnson series that up's the Turbo Jam.
    I have a friend that is a beachbody coach & has become certified to teach a Turbo class...she is not yet teaching but in fact I'm headed to a Turbo Party over at her house in a little bit with some friends. We will just TJ to the video.
    I can't speak to how it compares with your Jillian Michaels since I've never done them. I would venture to say that it's a different kind of workout, but I think you'll appreciate mixing it up a bit. They say to change it up so you won't get bored!
    The energy that comes from accomplishing TJ is unbelievable. I can honestly say I get excited about doing TJ! =)
    Ohhh, another thing that I love is the workout has a countdown for how much longer the workout is! Just when I feel like I want to give up I see there's only 10 mins left or 3:50 mins left & I think "I got this" and keep going!!!
    Also, don't be scared of the "turbo's"...they are 1:30 where you are supposed to really intensify your moves. It burns a ton of calories and feels great!

"The small steps you take today that make all the difference in your tomorrow! Don't get discouraged, STAY THE COURSE!" ~Chalene Johnson
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Turbo Jam, but a lot of people seem to like it! It's really only about half the length as a P90X or Insanity workout and not nearly as intense.

And Beachbody is much nicer than J. Michaels!!
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Love Turbo Jam!! Amazing workout and Chalene is an amazing instructor. Even when things gets tough, she encourages you to "shake it". You just cant go wrong with this workout and shes very nice. Also there is a timer at the bottom of the screen the whole time so it gives that added bonus on knowing 'ok this is hard but I know I can make it the last 2 min.' Highly recommend!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    thanks for the information everyone! i am excited to get it and try it out. i'm looking to mix things up a little bit as i get through my jillian michaels dvd's. i see what you mean about her being harsh but somehow she doesn't bother me. i love her workouts! i can get past the attitude for the workouts which are fabulous. but, i am ready to try someone else's workouts and this looked like a good one. from what you all said it sounds great
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this I'm going to start Turbo Jam tonight =]
  • l8bl00mer
    l8bl00mer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam. Chalean is motivating. The music is AWESOME-you work harder without even noticing.

11381462.png