Rather nervous first timer here :)

Options
Hi all

Never joined one of these, never put a message out on the net, so lots of first times here.

Not sure how it all works, so have just started putting in everything I eat (yes everything) My first day was really a bad choice as had taken the kids to the chocolate factory, but I put down everything right down to the last choccy consumed .....it was a bad day on the food front.

So been stopped smoking 4 months, weight is piling on and I don't have any clothes that fit, been miserable and all the usual stuff with not being happy with ones weight, so................here I am, trying to stick to my calorie allowance and trying to get the motivation to exercise more and sort this out.

So anyone who wishes to be around for this journey, please add me. I am normally a rather happy go lucky individual so don't worry no moaner here lol despite the above whinge

Looking forward to making friends :)

Jo

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I have been on this site for months now and just started posting yesterday! MFP is a great motivator and I think you will enjoy it! Good luck in your journey!!!
  • ceabelle
    Options
    Jo, hang in there! I'm new here too and so far everyone seem so supportive of the like minded goal we all have! I wish you well. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Ceabelle
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss. Great place to be.
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You have joined an amazing site! I cannot believe the amount of support and well wishes I receive from members of this site on a daily basis. We are all here for the same reasons... to promote/live a healthly lifestyle...WELCOME!!!! :)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Hi Jo
    Welcome aboard. You can do it, just stick with it. We will be here for you.

You can add me as a friend if you wish. I am a former smoker 13 years and counting. You can do that too. It does get better I promise.

:flowerforyou:
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My first day was April 13th...I have lost 27 lbs and my MD is thrilled...asked me yesterday at my physical HOW did I do it.

I said I log in every morning (almost 100% of the time) log in my breakfast and see what I have left to work with the rest of the day.
    Rarely do I go over my 1300-1350 cals...except vacation...but you do have to live a life too. You just need to get right back to good healthy eating and drinking tons of water right after vacation.

It has been great being here...I have learned a lot.

so WELCOME! and just jump in!

Check out the recipies section for great ideas....watch your SODIUM intake and drink your water.

Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! MFP is a great place to be..lots of support, lots of inspirational stories, and lots of advices....hope you enjoy and succeed at yours goals here!!!!
  • pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I love MFP you've come to the right place. Good luck on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • Macdorf
    Options
    Hi Jo
    Same here been doing this for a week and have also added everything I ate that in its self was a wake up call
    Well done on the non smoking I myself have been quit for 6 weeks.

Fell Free to add me as a friend (that goes for anyone else)
  • chilipena03
    chilipena03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jo!

Wake up call is right! I started a couple weeks ago and am amazed at how many unnecessary calories I eat. I sit at a desk all day with free snacks in the breakroom and realized I just eat out of boredom! I also have a free sample addiction at the grocery store. I ate 12 free samples of this and that and it added up to 600 calories! That is a whole meal!

I love MFP so far and am excited to see how much everyone has lost!

You can do it!

Stay away from cheese! (That's my biggest weakness :) )
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and Welcome to MFP! I hope you can find all you need for motivation here hun! Best thing to do is to log for about a week or 2 just to get an Idea what you need to work on the most! Mine was Water and Sodium intake and Exercising! Enjoy your experiences and remember this is not a diet this is a life style change for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi Jo!
    Welcome MFP, I have only been on here a few weeks and I LOVE IT!
    I did the same as you, I logged everything I used to eat so that I could see how far out I was from my goal calorie intake, it was shocking!
    Good luck on your journey!
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I am new to this particular site too (about 5 days now) and I absolutely love it! Lots of support and great people! Feel free to add me :)
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    Hello,

Welcome to the worlds most supportive food dairy and accountability group :)

It's a bit of a shocker when you start keeping a food diary but that can only be a good thing ;) I gave up smoking almost 6 years ago and the health kick started soon after. It does take time for the weight to come off, the only real advice I can give is be realistic and celebrate your victories no matter how small they are :)

Feel free to add me, and have fun on your journey to a new healthier fitter you :)

xx