30 DS Advice please

Options
Hi,

I started the 30 DS yesterday as I heard so many people on here raving about it!
Am looking for some advice though....
Are you supposed to do it every day for 30 days?
And when you move to the next level...after week 1 or just when you feel ready to move to level 1?
I'm still continuing to do my excercise classes 4 times a week - all pretty much high impact stuff so burning between 500-700 cals during each session. So because of this, I'm not sure how often I should be doing the 30 DS but I'm guessing daily.
Also, I'm not counting the 30 DS within my excercise cals each day although i do with my 4 excercise classes - is this right?

Please help me!

Thanks
Gem :smile:

Replies

• Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've never done the 30-DS but keep thinking about getting it. I would add those exercises into your MFP because you are doing the work. I hope you have great success! With your other exercise class I wonder if you could be getting too much exercise. You could get injued or maybe get a little exhausted. I'm no expert though. You will get lots more input from those doing the 30-DS.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you. Some people do it for 30 days every day, moving up levels after 10 days. Some people take days off in between. Some people stay longer at one level or another til they feel they've mastered it. There are no rules.

And yes, you should be counting those calories you're burning with 30 DS in addition to your regular classes.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are supposed to do it everyday for 30 days and each level is supposed to be done for 10 days each
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    I haven't done it every day but so far I've done it 27 times and I count each day I do it as a day. That's because I've stayed at a friend's a few times and couldn't do it at hers and also because I had an injury (unrelated) so I had two weeks off but I would have had a couple of days off somewhere anyway. I also didn't move up the levels each 10 days but I can feel myself getting fitter. Listen to your body.

Circuit training is apparently the most accurate if you're using the database. You should probably log it because it's badass!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person and what you can handle. I think the dvd said at least 3x a week, but don't quote me. My first round I went 3x a week for 3 weeks and then 17days straight, lost 9inches. Then this year I decided to make it a true 30 day shred and lost 15inches.

Do whatever you are comfy with. Test the waters first. It's tough but the results are well worth it. Just take it easy if you become to sore. :) Good luck!
  • gemswillsucceed
    gemswillsucceed Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, really appreciate the feedback.
    Ok, well I'm going to try stick at it every day if i can, although i may take a couple of days off a week as i was really aching this morning from the 30 DS and the Aerobics last night!

Thanks again,
    Gem
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    She states in the begining of the DVD to workout 6 days a week. The day off is to let your muscles build up stronger than they were before. You will burn yourself out if you don't take a day. Also, take measurements right away because you will see inches lost faster than pounds.