Hair help... c'mon ladies, give me some good product suggest

Options
2»

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    You can mix olive oil, an egg, a touch of honey, sea salt, and sesame oil (if you have it, its not essential) and leave it in your hair for awhile (20 mins or so should do)...then rinse it out with hot water and wash/condition as normal.

I did this to my hair after I used a product to get color out and then dyed it to my natural color. After Id done that it was a frizzy broken mess. Immediately after I did this it was back to its normal non-frizzy slightly wavy self
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Original Moroccan Oil Treatment. It's a leave-in treatment you use every day. It'll change your life...I swear. lol.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I love bedhead & use phosphate free shampoo/conditioner products (to help maintain my color).

I've been using argan oil for almost 2 years and i LOVE how soft it makes my hair. I also use argan oil on my hands to moisturize right out of the shower and use it as a makeup remover.

Yea, it's a multi-purpose product! ;)

Here's a link Enjoy!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/moroccan-oil/ONEONL16,default,pd.html

had to re-word my first sentence it sounded weird. lol
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, but I used to do my hair a lot... and you know what I miss.. Bed Head HairStick... that was the best thing to spike my hair and give me the messy head look....
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I have curly hair, which natrually tends to get very dry - and since I'm blonde it starts looking like hay if I'm not using the right products. I've actually tried quite a few of the salon brands and wasn't nearly as pleased with the results as I have been from using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration products (in the aqua/blue/green bottle).

For extra dry times, like in the winter, I'll sometimes do a cholesterol treatment with Queen Helene Cholesterol. If you decide to try it, I'd suggest the tube instead of the tub, unless you don't mind shoving your hand into a tub of goo. :smile:
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    I don't buy extremely expensive salon products. I buy Organix Shampoo and Conditioner which are sulfate free. I then apply the Organix argan oil which helps too. Another great sulfate free shampoo and conditioner that you can buy at any drug store is LOreal's Everpure line.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Original Moroccan Oil Treatment. It's a leave-in treatment you use every day. It'll change your life...I swear. lol.

Love this stuff. Works better then any de-frizzer shinner. My stylist gave me a sample of it back in july and I have been using it since and thats the only thing I use on my hair.
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    If your willing to spend a few hundred bucks...(WORTH IT!)
    Look into the keratin treatment. Its expensive but works like miracle!! I got it done once when I was around 17 or 18 and has changed my hair . It is no longer frizzy and super curly, just wavy and not frizzy. I can shower and leave my hair down naturally. It is only supposed to last until your hair grows out, but i think mine is changed since then. For me it was a super worthwhile investment. I think I paid $350, but the salons who do the treatment vary in prices. Check it out, SO worth it if you have the money to do it!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Are you crazy! I will never give up my secret! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, a bit selfish, aren't we?
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    If your willing to spend a few hundred bucks...(WORTH IT!)
    Look into the keratin treatment. Its expensive but works like miracle!! I got it done once when I was around 17 or 18 and has changed my hair . It is no longer frizzy and super curly, just wavy and not frizzy. I can shower and leave my hair down naturally. It is only supposed to last until your hair grows out, but i think mine is changed since then. For me it was a super worthwhile investment. I think I paid $350, but the salons who do the treatment vary in prices. Check it out, SO worth it if you have the money to do it!

My cousin had these done and it lasted two weeks, if that. Don't have the money for it. But thank you!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    For extra dry times, like in the winter, I'll sometimes do a cholesterol treatment with Queen Helene Cholesterol. If you decide to try it, I'd suggest the tube instead of the tub, unless you don't mind shoving your hand into a tub of goo. :smile:

Yes! That's what I was trying to think of. You can buy it at Sally's. Stuff works amazing. I used to do it for my mom who also has curly super dry hair and it was the only thing that made hers look decent.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have two favorite products i use: one is John Frieda - which i just started using, and love for my hair and the other, is AVON's Advanced Techniques line...although i would be considered Biased since i am an AVON lady - i HAVE tried the line and truley like it - although i have not tried theanti-frizz yet.
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Dix!!! I use straight up olive oil on my hair before bed, wet it first and sleep with a beanie on and in the morning my hair is silky enough to grow straight outta a baby's a**. CHEAP, awesome. Great use for my Milwaukee Brewers beanie LOL
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have thick, wavy STUBBORN red hair and my two favorite products are: Chi Silk Infusion and Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo and Conditioner. I will never stray from either...