How to log resturant Chinese food? Not the chain joints

Options
Jeff92se
Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
I know it's bad but I can't even log it. How do you guys go about logging chinese food from some small arsed resturant that doesn't list their calories? I do only have it about 1 per week though. So not too critical. but I end up making that the cheat day. I cannot control the decesion not to eat it because I go to a planned event or eat it at the inlaws. Other than stuffing my face wtth something else before and just grazing during the meal.

BTW. 2-3 pages of search didnt' yield much.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Meh, quick add 1000 cals and move on.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yup, just guesstimate and quick add calories (under "quick tools" for each meal)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i know some people dont log their cheat day/meal... you could go about it that way. or just search for a generic brand of what you had and add that. it wont be exact, but i dont think it could be THAT far off either
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I try to list all of the individual ingredients if homemade- not easy but good luck!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Search "typical chinese buffet." That's what I use and it's seems reasonable. The default portion is 1.5 plates and you can enter whatever you want for the number of servings, even less than 1 if you want (Ex. 0.75)
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you put in Chinese food under "tracking your food" it brings up a typical Chinese buffet at 800 calories for 1 1/2 plate. Last week I just put that in and left it at that. My weight was not up the next day.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    chinese buffet. Nice. That would probably cover it. Thanks!
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Yep. Guess. Overestimate.
  • LoriB57
    LoriB57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did find many chinese takeout meals listed by entering in the search box...today I had house special soup & was SHOCKED to see it was almost 800 cals. Should of put the wontons in the trash........So I had my lunch for dinner, romaine & turkey...and ran for 30min so I don't think I over did it. Buffets are evil.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Gah! You're right throwing in Chinese takeout in the search resulted in a ton of choices. Thanks.
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Just search for whatever you ate, such as, "crab puffs" or, "orange chicken". It's there.