What is on your fitness wish list?

Options
If you could have anything to keep you going in this journey what few things would be at the top of your fitness wish list?

Mine would be a good heart Rate Monitor, an elliptical at home, and the sets TurboFire and Chalean Extreme, and its about that time for a new pair of good workout shoes

So Whats on the top of your lists?

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Money's no object: Endless pool. (endlesspool.com)

Money's a factor: A really kick-butt road bike.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    For me it's also a good HRM and a stationary bike
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm with you...a really good HRM, and a private chef to cook healthy meals...LOL
  • jodiratliff
    Options
    Hmmm lets see......
    1. New skull candy ear buds
    2. New shoes
    3. New music
    4. A massage
    5. A hot, hot bath with lavender oil
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    HRM, and some really flattering workout wear so I don't feel gross at the gym! Also an iPod (my kids would have to help me with figuring it out)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...a really good HRM, and a private chef to cook healthy meals...LOL

Liking the chef idea to cook me healthy meals
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    a GOOD elliptical!
  • katielizsmith
    katielizsmith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    really good running shoes and an ipod strap/holder that wraps around my arm.
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options

this and an endless pool and elliptical.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you on the heart rate monitor, I have my eye on a Polar FT4. I really want to make sure I'm tracking my exercises accurately.

I also would like a bousu (the half exercise ball on the platform) and a work out machine elliptical or something similar.

Then some little things like exercise bands, another yoga mat, a yoga block and strap just to mix things up every once in a while.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    to have a better relationship with food :-(
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    running partner (IRL not virtual hehe)

aaaand that. actually that would be top of my list. and it's free.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm spoiled.
    I guess a personal trainer to kick my butt every day.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    a GOOD elliptical!
    I feel so ashamed, my boyfriend bought me a really expensive one and I'm not using it! Shame, shame! I shouldn't take it for granted:embarassed: !
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm spoiled.
    I guess a personal trainer to kick my butt every day.

A personal Trainer would be nice too
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    If money were no object....

1. The new Garmin 300 (add a bunch of letters here) wrist computer that is waterproof, checks heartrate, stores your workouts, counts miles and routes, has GPS, etc.
    2. A really good water suit for swimming in cold water
    3. A kick *kitten* road bike
    4. A personal trainer to get me ready for a triathalon I have my eye on in April (I'm doing it...just would love the personal attention)
    5. A home weight lifting gym
    6. A lap pool

Here's what I have:

1. A good app on my android (ibike) that does most of what I want
    2. A very nice hybrid Schwinn that I've put alot of miles on this last year and which I love
    3. Access to alot of great running, triathlete and swimming sites on the internet
    4. Access to friends and friends of friends to get race info and equipment info from
    5. The opportunity to join a gym for the weights and pool. We're probably going to buy a snazzy home gym set at Christmas off of Craig's list!

So...concentrate on what we've got and set our sights on the "would be nice if's" :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    pretty sure I've got everything I need already.

squat rack, weights, boxing stuff, kb's, foam roller, resistance bands, sled etc etc.

edit: found pic :smile:

281965_10150327075625923_594850922_9996854_4737535_n.jpg
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    - More workout clothes
    - New workout shoes
    - A punching bag
    - An arm holder for my ipod
  • nastytater
    nastytater Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I guess I would have to say,that I would love to have my own private room with workout stations like i use to have back when i was a kid...Weight lifting bench,dumbells,and a good stereo to jam some weights too...And of course the HRM would also be at the top...Right now I would settle just for it.
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... I actually have a wish list in my blog. However I've got the Vibrams already and my road bike is being acquired Saturday (a nice-enough entry level one and not the Avanti Vitale that I wanted but those are the breaks when the budget doesn't match!)

The next two that are really at the forefront is:

1. iPhone 4S - so I can get MFP on the go and to pair with my Nike + sportsband
    2. HRM (one with a chest strap and with extra features such as for use with splits and timing for races)