Mom a Mission!!!!

Options
I am a mom of four great kids, a wife to a great husband, and I am on a MISSION to live to see them grow up.I am over weight and have health issues that I believe will get better if I lose weight. My doctor recommended Fitnesspal to me so I thought I would check it out. So far I am doing good but it is so hard to so hard to do it on your own. My family supports me as much as they can but really I need ideas for food. How do I find recipes suited for losing weight?

Replies

• jesabee
    Options
    Hello! I'm a mom of 2 boys...check out my diary =)
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    It is amazing how much you can modify recipes to create lower calorie meals. My new favorite go to is the Philadelphia Cooking Cremes. The last recipe I made I put into the recipe builder and it was under 500 calories.

I make tostadas......1 serving ground turkey with taco seasoning, on 2 tostadas (usually 1 serving), mash up 1 can of black beans with a little water and salt to have the consistency of refried beans and use 1 serving between the 2 tostadas, lettuce and salsa. Very filling.

Check out my diary and message me if you need ideas!!!
  • agleonard7278
    Options
    Thank you for the Tostada suggestion. I love turkey so I will definitely try this out. I am knew to this site so I am in the learning process.