Anyone had a tattoo removed?

Options
vichick20
vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
I am going in for a consultation this week (for laser tattoo removal). A friend of mine is in the process of getting hers removed. She has had 4 treatments and it is very faded. I have heard that it takes 8-12 treatments for new, professionally done tattoos. I have high hopes because mine does not have any color (color is the hardest to remove... particularly green, yellow and white). How were your results? Did you have scarring? Is it completely gone? Should I even risk it (you can see the tattoo in my profile pic)?

haha so many questions.

Replies

• Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have a small one I'd like removed, and it's 12 years old. I'm curious to see the responses! Also if it's a pricey procedure.
  • acelliott28
    Options
    I started having my tatt removed last year.. It has color to it and yes it hurts like hell after the numbing wears off. I used vitamine E ointment to keep it moist.. It made it heal alot quicker too. much quicker that the Dr said he has never had anyone heal like I had. I had to get 8 sessions for my removal. HOwever it did leave a little scaring but nothing that is bad. It looks as if I have a small bruise thats it. But the tatt is gone for the most part.
  • christybrooker
    Options
    I've had several hit with a laser. It's expensive but worth it. My black is pretty much completely gone. Blues are hanging on strong but slowly fading. Definitely get any numbing they offer. It hurts much more than getting the tattoo in the first place with no numbing. My favorite is the topical cream. The injectable didn't work very well on me.
  • acelliott28
    Options
    Im in Ky and it cost like $400 a session I had 8 of them. But I had color in my tatt. I heard it is alot cheaper in California. be sure to research your Dr. before doing this pocedure because it can cause scarring if its not done properly.
  • vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. Yeah, I researched the different clinics in my area and I narrowed it down to 2 (both actually medical clinics... you would be surprised how many I found that were very illegitimate). I heard it was very painful so I thought the injected anesthetic would be better than the cream, no? I have had laser hair removal on my.... well you know... "special area" haha. It hurt like a *****!! Is it anything like that pain? Worse?
  • ashwojcik
    Options
    I've had laser hair removal for a brazilian and the pain is not the same. It's a much more intense burning with the tattoo removal.. I opted for just icing the area before the laser and while the pain was more intense than that of getting the tattoo, I feel that i was dumb enough to get it in the first place so might as well pay for it both monetarily and with the physical pain! LOL
    I have had 3 sessions and it is fading pretty well. You may notice some swelling after it's done and I've noticed the area tends to peel and flake a few days later..