Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Muffins!!!! Low Cal and DELICIOUS

Options
I found a recipe for low cal pumpkin muffins on here that i modified some, and they come out to just 105 calories each, and they are seriously TO DIE FOR!!! They are also SUPER easy! Heres what'cha do:

1 Betty Crocker Super Moist Carrot cake mix
1/3 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup water
1 - 15 oz can of pure pumpkin (NOT pie filling!)

1/2 pkg cream cheese (I only had regular on hand, but if you use Neufatchel or another low fat variety the calorie count will be lower!!)
1/2 tbsp vanilla flavoring
1/4 cup no calorie sweetner (I used Kroger brand granulated no calorie sweetner that measures like regular sugar)

1. Heat oven to 400

2. Combine cake mix, egg substitute, skim milk, water, and pumpkin. Use an electric mixer to mix ingredients well. I recommend using baking cups and also spraying them with some non-stick/flour spray because these muffins are VERY moist and stuck to my liners some.

3. Fill cupcake liners (I was able to make 21 muffins, a little more than 3/4 full) with batter. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs sticking to it. MAKE SURE TO NOT OVER BAKE! This is what will make the muffins moist!

4. While muffins are baking, mix cream cheese, vanilla flavor, and sweetner with a spoon. When cupcakes come out of the oven, push a small hole in the top with the handle of a spoon. Fill the holes with a small dollop of the cream cheese mixture (I did this while the muffins were warm, but you may wish to wait on them to cool).

These are FANTASTIC! This is the first recipe that I have ever modified on my own, and I am so happy with the results!!

I entered all ingredients into the recipe builder, and at 21 muffins, they came to just 105 calories each! Let me know what ya'll think!

Replies