Question for HCG dieters - NO DEBATES PLEASE!!!

Options
So, I was wondering if there are any HCG dieters out there that modify the Protocol and still lose weight. I can't follow it to a tee! It's to limited and it gets so old after a while. For example, I use half and half in my coffee and I still lose, but now I'm experimenting this week. I ate some edamame soybeans today for added protein because I work out everyday. I also added a teaspoon of sesame oil to my Asian soup I made with the edamame. I also eat whole grain crackers instead of the grissini or melba toast and I did lose weight while eating those. I'm curious to see the scale tomorrow and see if I gained or lost weight from the edamame and an extra serving of whole grain crackers, since I work out everyday. I just can't go without exercising and I thought if I upped the calories to 800 and less and a little bit of fat and more carbs let's see? This is my experimental week and if it doesn't work (although I still lose weight with the whole grain crackers and half and half for my coffee), then I'll take out the edamame and opps, forgot to mention I used a tablespoon of light mayo today for my chicken salad. So, this is a bit of an experiment and if I gain then I'll go back next week, since I do have a goal to meet by my 40th birthday and before my trip to Argentina. So, anyone out there have any similar experience or experiments?

Replies

• Esmo23
    Esmo23 Posts: 32
    Options
    What is HCG?
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If its too limited, why are you doing it?
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What is HCG? - Hormone the body produces during pregnancy.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options

And this will inevitably lead to fat loss, since women always end up thinner after having a child.

Wait, wut?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    You're going to lose weight even adding all of that stuff in because you are eating less than you burn. The HCG doesn't actually DO anything. It's a placebo to make you think you won't be hungry on such a small amount of calories. You might consider skipping the HCG and eating 1200 calories a day. You'll be happier and richer.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    For the love of MF, PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION located above!

Thank you!

Sincerely,
    Your body.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    So, I was wondering if there are any HCG dieters out there that modify the Protocol and still lose weight. I can't follow it to a tee! It's to limited and it gets so old after a while. For example, I use half and half in my coffee and I still lose, but now I'm experimenting this week. I ate some edamame soybeans today for added protein because I work out everyday. I also added a teaspoon of sesame oil to my Asian soup I made with the edamame. I also eat whole grain crackers instead of the grissini or melba toast and I did lose weight while eating those. I'm curious to see the scale tomorrow and see if I gained or lost weight from the edamame and an extra serving of whole grain crackers, since I work out everyday. I just can't go without exercising and I thought if I upped the calories to 800 and less and a little bit of fat and more carbs let's see? This is my experimental week and if it doesn't work (although I still lose weight with the whole grain crackers and half and half for my coffee), then I'll take out the edamame and opps, forgot to mention I used a tablespoon of light mayo today for my chicken salad. So, this is a bit of an experiment and if I gain then I'll go back next week, since I do have a goal to meet by my 40th birthday and before my trip to Argentina. So, anyone out there have any similar experience or experiments?

I'm not a user of this diet nor a promoter but I'll save you the headache of any more attacks by sharing the HCG - MFP's thread link... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/354869-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a

For anyone unsure of why this Diet is allowed on MFP it's because Mike allows it here, there's been huge discussions where he's defended their right to stay here and have a group. Mike being the owner would have the say more than anyone else it would seem.

I simply don't like the drama that follows anyone asking a question on this site that others don't like.. thus sharing the link to perhaps end the ugliness on at least this thread....:flowerforyou:
  • silkaclark
    Options
    I am only on my first round of HCG, and already I am getting a little creative with the ingredients during P2. I use Balsamic Vinegar on my salads for example, and have seen no issue. I have eaten lean turkey instead of chicken a few times with no problem, and even mixed protiens and veggies in a meal by making one of my favorites and egg white omelete with half chopped roma tomato+spinach+garlic+2oz chicken (or turkey). I also made chocolates the other night by melting some EVCO with some unsweetened cocoa and stevia, and indulge in a piece or two here and there. My loss has not stalled, but some days it slows, so the next day I eat perfectly clean again and I'm fine. I think you should be ok, as long as you are still seeing results, everyone is different. Good Luck!
  • faithchic
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Totally appreciate it!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

The staff of MyFitnessPal is actively reviewing our stance on topics that recommend or promote dieting methods that run counter to our site's own weight-loss recommendations.

In the meantime, please make sure to refrain from attacking or insulting other users.

Earnest and respectful debate on any message in the forums is acceptable. Attacking the messenger is not.

Please note the following forum rule:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

You may review the forum rules in their entirety at the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

Thanks for your understanding,

Ladyhawk00
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I did a short round of HCG some time ago and found that unfortunately, when I modified the diet, i didn't lose. :frown: The food does get repetitive after a while. But maybe I didn't do it right? I'm not sure. However, I only did a short round and didn't want to waste too much time experimenting, so I just sucked it up and went back to the protocol for the duration of the first phase.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

And this will inevitably lead to fat loss, since women always end up thinner after having a child.

Wait, wut?

actually i did, but i kinda was putting that to the 24/7 8 month long 'morning' sickness
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I modify by not eating the melba toast. I eat tortilla chips with salsa instead. provides me a nice snack.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    What is HCG?

HCG= Highly Controversial Gimmick
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    What is HCG?

HCG= Highly Controversial Gimmick

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ariayasmommy09
    Options
    I am on the HCG diet. Today is my 7th day and I have lost 14pounds. I drink a coke zero here and there to give me some thing a little different then my normal water coffee tea. You can drink 2 glasses of green tea a day... I have watermelon here and there also. I dont think wondering off the diet a little hurts anything. If you stop losing weight have an apple day.
  • cscrivner2010
    Options