Replies

• btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Natural peanutbutter and a few chocolate chips!
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Katheats.com has a tribute to oatmeal with tons of recipes! My go-to oatmeal mix ins are a spoonful of peanut butter with a sliced banana.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I add a teaspoon of molasses. Molasses has such a strong flavor that you don't really need that much I cook my oats in water and add a little milk before serving then drizzle the teaspoon of molasses.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Shannon...I eat fresh apples in my oatmeal every morning! They are soooo good! They add a bit of crisp sweetness that is divine!! If you need it sweet, get the stevia drops! It does the trick without the carbs from sugar.

There is also a product called PB2 that is powdered Peanut Butter....but 45 cal a serving!!! Mix that in with the oatmeal....YUM!!

Best wishes!
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just had a bowl of instant regular with an added tablespoon of Hot Chocolate! Yummy! :)
  • webfootcajun
    Options
    i squirt some sugar free maple syrup. simple and sweet. try it.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I prefer my oatmeal "not sweet." I love a good piece of cheddar cheese in plain oatmeal!!! Yummy...and if I hadn't cut out bacon, a piece of crumbled up bacon!!
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oatmeal

Pina Colada

In a mason jar (or finished PB jar) Add:
    1/3 cup oats (your choice, flavored or not, steel or not)
    1/3 cup pineapple yogurt
    1/3 cup light coconut milk
    1 Tbsp Shredded Coconut
    1 Tbsp Pineapple (dried, tidbits or fresh crushed)
    1 Tbsp of crushed Macadamia nuts.
    Stir together, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.

Peanut butter lover's oatmeal

1/2 cup dry quick oats
    1-2 tbsp. peanut butter
    1 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    sweetener (optional)
    1/2 - 3/4 cup of water or milk

Instructions:

Put oats and water or milk into a microwaveable bowl. Sprinkle your desired amount of cinnamon over oats with the optional packet of sweetener. Put your helping of peanut butter into the bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Take the bowl out, stir, then put back into microwave for another 30 seconds. Add in chocolate chips, stir, and enjoy! You pretty much have yourself a giant cookie for breakfast :)

Pumpkin Oatmeal

1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
    3/4 cup milk, or as needed
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
    1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar

Directions
    Mix together oats and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Add more milk or oats to achieve the desired consistency, and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon sugar. Heat through, and serve.

Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 229 | Total Fat: 4.7g | Cholesterol: 7mg

Pumpkin lovers heaven, and healthy, too. With a little experimentation it's perfect for my taste. I use 1 cup of milk for 1/2 cup oatmeal (cook on stovetop) 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a dash of cloves. For sweetness I added a Sweet-n-Low. It's like having dessert for breakfast, and I agree with the other reviewer - extremely filling and satisfying!

Oatmeal in a Jar

Pour dry rolled oats (not instant) into a canning jar to the halfway point. I don’t care what size canning jar you use. A half-pint jar will make one serving; a pint jar will make two servings; and a quart will make four servings. You choose what will work best for your situation. If you don’t have a canning jar, use a recycled glass jar. We’re easy around here.
    Add a handful of extras if you’d like: chopped nuts, flax seeds, dried fruit…whatever suits your fancy.
    Add a bit of brown sugar or honey or maple syrup. Top it off with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
    Pour boiling water into the jar to the bottom of the threads. Screw on lid and invert the jar a couple of times to mix the water with the dry ingredients. Let the jar sit on your counter for at least 15 minutes, and it will be ready to eat. Add a little butter or milk if you like.

Pumpkin Oatmeal in a Jar

In a jar, add one part oatmeal, one part almond milk and one part pumpkin puree. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add a touch of maple syrup, a sprinkle of cinnamon, ground ginger and nutmeg and a small handful of toasted walnuts. Mix well and enjoy!
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There are many ways to make oatmeal. My favorite Is baked oatmeal and I make it many different ways. My current favorite recipe is made with puréed pumpkin and fresh cranberries. I make a huge batch for the week and eat it cold with a little bit of greek yogurt.

3 cups rolled oats
    2 cups almond milk
    2 eggs
    1.5 cups pumpkin purée
    1/4 cup organic agave
    2 cups fresh cranberries
    1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1/4 tsp sea salt

Pre heat oven to 350
    Mix all ingredients in a large glass casserole dish
    Bake uncovered for 20 min
    Remove from oven, stir and cook an additional 10 mins
    Store in covered container in refrigerator.

Makes approx 8 servings
    208 calories
    6 g protein
    6 g fiber
    14 g sugar
    37 carbs
    4 g fat
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I go 50% rolled oats, 25% groats (steel cut oats) and 25% quick barley... cook simmering 10 minutes on the stove top. Once it is done I add 1 & 1/2 tsp flax meal, I add dried cranberries and two walnut halves chopped. Milk... spoon... Yum.
  • kimberleylorna
    Options
    I throw frozen blueberries in my oats...I cook them on the stovetop. Chop up a banana and throw in some walnuts, cinnamon and a little brown sugar and it's very yummy. Applesauce stirred in is also good. Oh and fresh peaches and cinnamon....mmmmmm Think I will have oatmeal for breakfast! And baked oatmeal is wonderful....

I was thinking some sort of apple cinnamon oatmeal sounded good, but I didn't know how well fresh apples would do in it, and I thought maybe applesauce, but wasn't sure how it would turn out! Seems like a lot of you have the ideas I had originally thought of, but didn't have the confidence to just try it! I should have just gone with it! Haha. Love the new ideas though!

Hi
    All i do for apple cinnamon is cut up a fresh apple (including the skin) into little 1cm cubes and put the apple, 1/2 cup of oats, a little shake of cinnamon (a little goes a long way), and some water - and i cook it in the microwave. Usually 1 minute, then stir, then another minute. The apple cooks in the oats and becomes kinda syrupie and sweet and yummy! Once its cooked, i add a little milk and voila! I "stole" this recipe off a famous vegan trainer! Its the best!
  • shannon121278
    Options
    Natural peanutbutter and a few chocolate chips!

Yum! That sounds delicious!
  • shannon121278
    Options
    I add a teaspoon of molasses. Molasses has such a strong flavor that you don't really need that much I cook my oats in water and add a little milk before serving then drizzle the teaspoon of molasses.

I love molasses! Great idea!
  • shannon121278
    Options
    Shannon...I eat fresh apples in my oatmeal every morning! They are soooo good! They add a bit of crisp sweetness that is divine!! If you need it sweet, get the stevia drops! It does the trick without the carbs from sugar.

There is also a product called PB2 that is powdered Peanut Butter....but 45 cal a serving!!! Mix that in with the oatmeal....YUM!!

Best wishes!

Oh that's cool! Never heard of powdered peanut butter! I love peanut butter, but even the reduced fat kind, has quite a bit of calories! I will have to check into that!
  • siogdearg
    siogdearg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    raisins..... always raisins! yum..
  • shannon121278
    Options
    I just had a bowl of instant regular with an added tablespoon of Hot Chocolate! Yummy! :)

I was actually just wondering how good that would be! I am for sure trying this! I love hot chocolate!
  • shannon121278
    Options
    i squirt some sugar free maple syrup. simple and sweet. try it.

I used to have maple syrup on oats before I dieted, and I have light syrup, but not sugar free. I will have to see how it is on calories and maybe try that!
  • shannon121278
    Options
    I prefer my oatmeal "not sweet." I love a good piece of cheddar cheese in plain oatmeal!!! Yummy...and if I hadn't cut out bacon, a piece of crumbled up bacon!!

That's.... different, but I may just try something like that sometime.
  • shannon121278
    Options
    Overnight Oatmeal

Pina Colada

In a mason jar (or finished PB jar) Add:
    1/3 cup oats (your choice, flavored or not, steel or not)
    1/3 cup pineapple yogurt
    1/3 cup light coconut milk
    1 Tbsp Shredded Coconut
    1 Tbsp Pineapple (dried, tidbits or fresh crushed)
    1 Tbsp of crushed Macadamia nuts.
    Stir together, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.

Peanut butter lover's oatmeal

1/2 cup dry quick oats
    1-2 tbsp. peanut butter
    1 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    sweetener (optional)
    1/2 - 3/4 cup of water or milk

Instructions:

Put oats and water or milk into a microwaveable bowl. Sprinkle your desired amount of cinnamon over oats with the optional packet of sweetener. Put your helping of peanut butter into the bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Take the bowl out, stir, then put back into microwave for another 30 seconds. Add in chocolate chips, stir, and enjoy! You pretty much have yourself a giant cookie for breakfast :)

Pumpkin Oatmeal

1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
    3/4 cup milk, or as needed
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
    1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar

Directions
    Mix together oats and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Add more milk or oats to achieve the desired consistency, and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon sugar. Heat through, and serve.

Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 229 | Total Fat: 4.7g | Cholesterol: 7mg

Pumpkin lovers heaven, and healthy, too. With a little experimentation it's perfect for my taste. I use 1 cup of milk for 1/2 cup oatmeal (cook on stovetop) 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a dash of cloves. For sweetness I added a Sweet-n-Low. It's like having dessert for breakfast, and I agree with the other reviewer - extremely filling and satisfying!

Oatmeal in a Jar

Pour dry rolled oats (not instant) into a canning jar to the halfway point. I don’t care what size canning jar you use. A half-pint jar will make one serving; a pint jar will make two servings; and a quart will make four servings. You choose what will work best for your situation. If you don’t have a canning jar, use a recycled glass jar. We’re easy around here.
    Add a handful of extras if you’d like: chopped nuts, flax seeds, dried fruit…whatever suits your fancy.
    Add a bit of brown sugar or honey or maple syrup. Top it off with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
    Pour boiling water into the jar to the bottom of the threads. Screw on lid and invert the jar a couple of times to mix the water with the dry ingredients. Let the jar sit on your counter for at least 15 minutes, and it will be ready to eat. Add a little butter or milk if you like.

Pumpkin Oatmeal in a Jar

In a jar, add one part oatmeal, one part almond milk and one part pumpkin puree. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Add a touch of maple syrup, a sprinkle of cinnamon, ground ginger and nutmeg and a small handful of toasted walnuts. Mix well and enjoy!

Awesome. Love ALL of these ides! Especially the pumpkin one and the peanut butter chocolate chip! YUM YUM YUM! I need to go shopping! Haha.