what absolutely drives you up the wall?

Options
124»

Replies

• jfloyd7
    jfloyd7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    People who don't know the difference between your and you're.

I was gonna say this too. This bothers me so much! Bad grammar as a whole drives me bananas. Some others are:

-When someone slides a fork or spoon across their teeth
    -People who slurp. More specifically people that slurp coffee or soup
    -People who are routinely late
    -When someone continuously makes the same mistake over and over
    -That a serving of ice cream is a 1/2 cup .... Who eats 1/2 cup of ice cream?
    -I really don't like seeing chewed finger nails all the way down to the meat. That's just gross
    -I don't care for being touched

-Litter. That's the biggest. Litter drives me crazy. I routinely pick up small trash (cans, bottles, food wrappers, cigarette packs) in the neighborhood when I walk my dog

-This one is weird. When 2 paper towels rub together it makes this weird feeling and sound that gives me goose bumps. I hate it
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I hate hearing people chew when their mouth is closed.

This, and chewing with their mouth open

Text speak, laziness with grammar (your, you're, two, too, to, you get the point), overuse of "lol"... I will stop now
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    1. People who chose to take a poo in a public restroom and don't courtesy flush! :sick:
    2. Ladies who after going to the bathroom (either one, doesn't matter) and do NOT wash their hands. :huh:
    3. People at the gym who get all sweaty/stinky and don't wipe down the machine when they're done... :frown:
    4. People lacking tact to not ask me if all 4 of my children have the same father... Just because our oldest is 7 years older than our second doesn't by default mean that were a blended family. :angry: (I get asked this about once every 4 months or so, moreso at big events. <sigh>
    5. people who mouth what your saying as your talking. WTH?
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    People asking the same question over and over. Just because you keep asking doesn't mean the answer is going to change.

People that don't say thank-you when holding a door for them.

Those commercials for fast food places that you can hear the people biting into the food.

Denny's commercial for a mac and cheese beef patty melt.

People that show up to work sick for a week then freak out that you sneeze, cough or clear your throat.

T.V. in the bedroom. I understand that it puts "you" to sleep but "I" can't sleep with it on.

People calling or texting while you are at work and ask "What are you doing?"

People not cleaning up after their pets.

When people try to talk to you when your speaking to someone on the phone.

Can someone tell me why two people can take up a complete six foot aisle at the grocery store?

People that are rude to customer service reps.

The term "You People"

Not this solved anything but I did learn I need to relax a little because I think I keep going and going...
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    When people leave the refrigerator door open while they're doing something else because they'll "be right back". Like the door is so heavy that it must be left open for the sake of convenience. If your hands will be full...fine, I can see that. But pouring yourself a glass of milk. Really?!

Haha this one gets me too! My Ex's family did this... along the same lines but different: people who leave their car running when they go into the post office or store or bank. In rural America this happens a lot. Its totally stupid! Wasting energy and money. The same people who complain about "dependence on foreign oil" are contributing to the problem leaving their monster trucks idling fuel away in the parking lot.

Wasteful.
  • souki19
    souki19 Posts: 58
    Options
    BAD breath or teeth and invading my personal space.
    OMG it makes me tick when someone has BAD BREATH and they try to flirt or even talk to me ( i am sales person and it is soo hard to keep myself calm when i have a customer that has BAD breath/ smelll) i am going like this is the 21TH CENTURY , TAKE A SHOWER AND BRUSH YOUR TEETH...... and getting too close just makes me uncomftable , except for my boo :)
    edit: that might be mean , but it STILL make me tick
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    bad breath
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    1. Whiners. Life is not fair, and for most people, not a walk in the park either. Get over it. Suck it up. Deal with it. Stop whining and do something constructive and positive with your life.
    2. Idiots who wait for parking spots whilst blocking the entire lane.
    3. People who are glued to their phone while driving. Seriously folks, your text is not more important than operating your large metal vehicle at high velocities.
    4. People who tailgate me when there is 6 lanes of traffic all going 10 mph and crammed with cars. Where the hell do you think you're going to go, stupid? I am one of those people who slows down whenever someone starts riding my bumper just to piss them off some more.
    5. Rudeness. Is it really so hard to hold a door for someone behind you? Is it really so bad to be courteous and not cut in line? Is it really so hard to treat other people with some dignity?

Totally agree with Number 5. What bothers me even more is when I hold a door open for someone and then they can't even say "thank you".
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I work in a cubicle and when I talk to the guy in the cubicle next to me, this other dude who sits a couple cubes away ALWAYS butts in and totally takes over the conversation. THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! I seriously want to punch him in the face. :grumble: :explode:

I talk to my coworker next to me and the lady who sits behind her - will stare at me.. waiting to butt in. Sometimes she will even get up and walk to my desk and just stare at my computer.. drives me crazy too.
  • wendybrian
    Options
    and finally, the thing that made me start this thread...i hate HATE HATE when people touch my hair! and ALL of them do it without even asking me! ***king stop it! ..like i literally cringed just now when she grabbed a handful of my hair. STOP. home training people. get some.

YESS!!!!!! AAggghhH!!!!!

Also when people I have never seen before randomly ask me what race I am.

lol, Just tell them you are American. Or, if I were you....... I always say "why do you want to know?"..... It seems to put nosey people in there spot. I can't wait, My granddaughter is mix. You know stupid people are going to ask her what she is. She don't know the difference. She is only 3 and a half. Oh, and quite beautiful like you my dear!!!!!!